Targeting 7 countries together at just one single site is good idea?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by joy.linford, Feb 22, 2016.

1. joy.linford

joy.linford
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello all,

One of my client is asking to target 7 European countries together at just one single site. Countries include UK, Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland and Turkey.

I don't think so, It is good idea. I am confused [​IMG] what to do?

Please help me guys with this.

Thanks in advance.

2. Luzmary Villegas

Luzmary Villegas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is not a good idea, as the keywords, co-citations, backlinks, and other elements that boost the rank are different for each country you can't play the same strategies for all. What you can do is get a domain to be your main site and create subdomains for each country.

3. BODHost

BODHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should tell your clients that targeting tier 1 countries should do wonders for him and also the leads that you will generate will be of good quality.

4. Success BuildUp

Success BuildUp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely not a good idea.

Your copywriting can make or break your business, different cultures need different copywriting. Are you targeting these 7 countries with an english page? It'd be way more effective if you had a website for every language and every country, with tailored content and copywriting for each.

5. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ideally you should use a different domain for each country's website. For UK your domain should be .uk, for Belgium, it shoud be .be and similar for other countries.

6. Antonia Thomas

Antonia Thomas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ideally you should use country level domain to target your domain in different countries. If you have one domain and want to target that in all the countries then you can either make the some domain or sub directory in the main domain for different countries and languages.