Taking Advantage of Company Advertising

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Neorio1, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Neorio1

Neorio1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm 26 years old, have a bachelors degree but I only have a small amount of knowledge regarding the world of sales in general. I've sold security systems and started my own dealership. I don't have capital for advertising so most of my sales in that area come from personal and business relationships that I have created. One sales career which caught my interest was for a company that manufactured and distributed building materials such as bricks and concrete. It included both business to business sales and visits to individual homeowners as well. The reason why my interest was sparked was because many of the sales happened not because the salesman had a vast network. Rather, they occurred because through advertising the company would simply send the salesman out to a myriad of interested customers.

It is obvious to state that spending your time talking to already interested customers instead of normal people will create more sales. The question is, what industries and what positions provide these type of opportunities? Also, what types of industries or companies allow you to work for multiple companies thus taking advantage of the advertising of all involved? I've thought about working with five different Home and Business security companies whilst taking advantage of their leads and interested customers but I rather wouldn't want to face legal action for breaking non-compete agreements. Any and all opinions are welcomed.

2. RoseAb

RoseAb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe what you want to be is a Manufacturers Rep. Usually you would be independent (not an employee) and specialize in a line of products that are offered by several companies. You would go to businesses and advise them which is best product for them. I think there are trade journals where companies advertise looking for a Manufacturers Rep. and if you can find a journal you probably can learn a lot about it.

3. Chris_Tax

Chris_Tax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sales is based heavy on targeting your customer base. This needs to be the focus using various methods . This is my approach to marketing.