Take a look please :)

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by fletcher6490, Jul 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I created this site to promote an online company that I am a part of. Let me know if this site would entice you to possibly join and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. http://www.tagvillager.com

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I thought the site, when I saw it, looked very professional, Although I added the phrase "when I saw it" for a reason. When I first went to the site, all I saw was a blank page. After several seconds, I thought something was wrong, because there was apparently no site there. I was about to leave when the site suddenly popped into view. I experienced the same type of delay every time I visited a new page on the site. This delay could cause people to leave the site in frustration, as I almost did.
    Now, you also wanted to know if the site would entice me to join. I'm afraid not. There is very little information about what the company actually does. I did see a very brief comment about "selling keyword phrases that you own", and was wondering how someone could own a keyword phrase. I even visited the "Info/Blog" page, but didn't find much there either. It seems that the site is all hype, and no substance. Without more information, I would not be likely to join.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

joeroxx, you might be missing a good exchange of views here in BAF, The site he wants to promote is the same site he posted here: Tagvillage is going to set the bar. Paul even made very interesting points on his posts there.

Anyways, on the site review:
    joeroxx is right. The white page before the site loads is a big disappointment on visitors. It takes a long time before the site loads. Maybe at least 10-20 secs on my site. If I'm not writing here, I definitely close the tab. Although I already got a gist of tagvillage on your previous thread, but no information regarding tagvillage on that page. Let alone in the INFO/BLOG page. Another thing I noticed is that the site seems to be made for a certain screen resolution since there are whitespaces on both sides of my browser.

4. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Exactly the same thing happened to me, I got a black page for a number of seconds but I didn't leave because I had already read the previous two comments. Had I not read those first, I probably would have left.

5. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It loads pretty fast on my end, but I do agree it is slower than most sites. I used Wix for the site so I wonder if the reason it loads slow is because of flash? As far as what the site is for, GeikiDan is right. I am part of a company called Tagvillage and I wanted to create a site to get new referrals as well as have a place for info. I'm not finished adding info and articles yet so there will be some more info. That is kind of disappointing that it takes so long to load though, that is a major hiccup and one that I'm not sure I would be able to fix. I appreciate the feedback though guys, thank you.

6. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When you guys say there is no real info, did you click the "connect" "earn" or "share" links on the first page? Maybe it's just me but I feel like there is actually a lot of info about what Tagvillage is on the site. I realize I need to add some more articles in the Info/Blog page but I don't want to overload people with too much info right off the bat. I could definitely be wrong in thinking that but I know when I'm looking at a new online opportunity, I hate trying to read through pages and pages of info. I'd rather get a jist of what the company does and then go from there.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

fletcher6490 in my opinion the first thing you need to do is to make your page much faster by removing Flash. There really is nothing to be gained from having a Flash page like that, the majority of your visitors won't wait for your site to load. Your site will be much more successful if you have a quality HTML & CSS design on your homepage.

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Gist of it? I don't think so. If I haven't read your previous thread here, I might be very confused on reading those.

9. karoshio

karoshio
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It looks 'nice' on a first gland but in a non bad way there is a lot of room for improvement. There footer area feels very unorganized which bothers me. I am unsure what you could do with it but if you really look at it for a while I am sure you can think of some things that would improve its appearance.

One other thing is I think you should look at how everything is spaced out, I see a lot of things on there that feel really uneven.

10. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

OK, for it to load in full.

Chrome 1 to 2 seconds.
    FF 3 seconds
    Safari 3 to 4 seconds.

Doesn't sound like much but it's enough to put me off to be honest, and Fergal is right about the flash.

What I will say though, is I think your colour scheme and font/text design is really professional. Nice job.

11. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I checked out the other hread. Paul's "interesting points", as you call them include "I tried to have a quick look at their business/technical model to give a more informed reply,.... but not surprisingly the site is void of any sort of technical information", and "Facebook and Google won't last forever and someday someone will topple their utter strangulation of the market(s), but I'm more than happy to... state categorically that it won't be tagvillage or kooday that do it." Not exactly the kind of information to entice people to join.

The "connect", "earn", and "share" links don't work. And I still don't know how someone can own a keyword or phrase, even after checking out the other thread (although the question would probably be more appropriate there).

12. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Once again guys, I really do appreciate the feedback. Joeroxx, when you click the connect, earn or share you don't see anything change underneath? If not, I wonder if it is a browser issue. What browser do you use because if works fine for me? As far as the content, I am kind of disappointed that the info I have up doesn't really work to explain things. Maybe because I know what is going on I am a bit biased. I did change the info/blog section with some different info explaining what keywords are essentially. I didn't post the whole article because it is part of an ebook myself and a few others created and the article would have been REALLY long. If you're interested in knowing what tagtrading is, you can PM me but I didn't post my site in here to promote. I just wanted some honest feedback about the site. As far as Paul's views on Tagvillage go, he is clearly not a fan of the ideas behind the site and I respect his opinion.

13. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Could you please give me an example of where something is unevenly spaced. I'm trying to look around and find some uneven spacings but I don't seem to see anything. Thank you Karoshio

14. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, on my connection, it took at least a minute to show up.

15. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow, really GekiDan? On my connection, the site takes roughly 2 seconds to load. I have tried a few different page load time sites out there and they all say that my load time is in the good range.

16. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not all people have the same connection as yours. I'm running on a 364kbps-520kbps connection.

17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've a broadband connection and it takes about 7 seconds for the site to load for me.

18. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm, maybe my connection is really fast or something. I have cable internet, like most I suppose. My site actually loads faster for me than these forums do.

19. Matt

Matt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It took like three seconds for it to load for me. I thought the site was very good and professional looking though. I did think that there was a bit too much white space but that may be because I have a widescreen monitor. In any case, good luck with it!!

20. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you Matt. I'm wondering if maybe the site loads slower for people outside the US? I really have no idea. I agree with you on the white space, I tried to change the way the site fit to screen but it just didn't look right when I changed it up. I appreciate the kind words :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.