Take a look again please

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by fletcher6490, Feb 23, 2012.

1. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Alright, some of you may remember my site from before http://www.tagvillager.com which was a flash site that took entirely too long to load. I decided to scratch that and just create a simple splash/landing page that loads fast and is to the point.

So, I would appreciate it if you guys would critique this page and let me know how I could make things better. I've got a feeling I'm gonna take a beating from some of you but that's ok, constructive criticism is the only way to make things better and learn from your mistakes.

My goal was to make something kinda catchy with not a ton of info, just enough to entice you to join. I hope it worked.

http://www.tagvillager.com

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This is much better! Instead of designing a website with a lot of "Flash"(pun intended), that was hard to navigate, you give them the information they need to decide whether to pursue it. I also like that you linked to tagvillage.com,, where potential members can get more information before signing up, instead of forcing them to join first. One question - any plans to use this as an affiliate page, i.e. www.tagvillager.com/?r=affiliatename, or was this only for your personal use?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is actually kind of catchy. The site looks alright, although I would much suggest an HTML page rather than a splash/flash page as these types of pages are bad for SEO. It would also make it look more clean.

4. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Appreciate the feedback guys. Joe, I don't plan on creating affiliate pages for tagvillager itself but I have no problem replicating this page for my referrals with their affiliate link. Shahrier, do you have any tips to make it look more clean without changing to html?

5. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very good sales pitch. You made me actually want to click the link to the next page just to see what it was about. The main site looks clean and organized as well.

The only thing I would recommend is making the "PSST YOU, YES YOU! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW A SECRET?" brighter than the red arrows on your page. Red and yellow are the two most powerful colors when it comes to getting someone's attention (there's a reason why school buses and firetrucks are red or yellow). If you can, make the text at the top of the page red, and change the arrows to a color that isn't as powerful, like green.

I'm sure you already know you need to change the Facebook page as well. You're off to a good start though. Good luck!

6. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I think your site is at clean as it gets for a flash page, so if you do not wish to change it, you're doing a good job.

7. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like the design, it is a quality site:). By the way, is the translation service not working?

8. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Alright, so I changed it up a little bit per your advice so I'm interested to hear if you like this design a bit better. I took the FB and Email link off. I suppose there really is no point.

Shahrier, for now I'm going to keep it a flash page. As it is mostly text, I hopefully will be ok for SEO purposes. I may change it in the future though.

Thank you Patrick. As far as translations, are you talking about my site or when you click on the join for free link?

9. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Perfect. Short, simple and to the point. I like it. I think that page should work out fairly well. SEO is a different story though, a lot can still be optimized.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fowler

Fowler
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is a pretty good page however I tend to dislike flash pages like this as I do block plugins in my browser by default so when I loaded your page first time, It was just plain white until I allowed plugins to run on your domain. If I wasn't going to comment on your website, I probably would not have bothered allowing plugins to run so I wouldn't have seen the content of your page. While most people will allow plugins to run by default, there will be some people (like me :)) that are different and disallow plugins to run by default. That might be something to think about.

#10 Fowler, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  11. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I never thought about that Fowler, you do bring up a good point. I guess I'll have to see down the road if I want to change it from flash but for now and the foreseeable future it will stay flash. I'm glad you guys like it though, hopefully I get some conversions from the site.

12. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It just shows a white blank page on my side. Why is that? Are you still using a flash based site?
    I would definitely suggest using an HTML landing page as it will load faster. I have seen many landing pages for affiliates but you're the first one to use flash.

13. fletcher6490

fletcher6490
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really? I'm not sure that others are having that problem. As far as loading fast, I believe this loads pretty fast now and all of the tests I've run show it loads fast.

14. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are the internet speed in which you made the tests?

15. kjetterman

kjetterman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I didn't see the original site, so I can't comment in regards to that. I am not a flash fan-girl though so I naturally think it is a good thing that you have a non-flash site. :)

Most everything looks good except for the red text imho. I find the red and gray contrast to be a bit hard on the eyes.

16. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Non-flash site? It is still Flash based.

17. Nikolay Titov

Nikolay Titov
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You're doing a good job.