System partition space is getting low

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by Dean265, May 20, 2014.

1. Dean265

Dean265
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Recently, my computer system partition space is getting low for the daily use. There is only about 5.6% of free space left and computer performance is also affected negatively. So, I think I need to fix this problem quickly. But, I don’t know what to do. Do you have any suggestion for me to go on? Any idea could be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2. Hyman345

Hyman345
    uix_expand uix_collapse

OK! You’d better provide us with much more information about your problem next time. What version of Windows do you use? Is there any free space on the same physical drive with this system partition?

If you do have free space there and you are also using Windows7 or 8, you can directly try to open Disk Management, shrink or delete a partition with free space and right click this system partition to “extend” it there.

But, if the “extend” option doesn’t work, a partition resizing tool may help you out, like GParted, IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free and EaseUS Partiton Master and more.

But, if you are using Windows XP, you may have to choose the partition resizing tools.

But, if unfortunately, you do have no any free pace there, you may have to buy a larger drive.

Overall, no matter what way you choose to use, never forget to back up all partition data well in case of data loss.

3. Moore454

Moore454
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you tried to delete all useless files and program stored there?
    If the deletion doesn’t have efficient results, you can take ways to expand this system partition with the free space of other partitions.
    Here is a video tutorial that can tell you how to expand a partition space step by step:
    youtube.com/watch?v=6jCeT7CbsKk
    You also can follow the steps to resolve your low disk space problems.
    Mask data backups all the time.

4. lisawayne

lisawayne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are three ways by which you can resolve partition space issues.:-
    1) Clean up the hard drive by removing programs that you don't use and moving large media files (videos, music, graphics) to another partition.
    2) If you find that above recommendation did not help you to resolve your issues, it may be necessary to upgrade or add another hard disk to your computer.
    3) You can also use partition manager software to increase the disk size in an easy and efficient way.

5. lewiskent

lewiskent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Windows create low space warning to alert computer users to indicate there is not enough space on the computer. You can resolve this issue by using the following steps:-
    1) Clean up the hard disk drive.
    2) Need a larger hard disk.
    3) Extend C drive.
    You can also take assistance from the experts of AskPcexperts.