Suugest a best CMS for web designers?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by bmwillsmith, Jun 6, 2015.

1. bmwillsmith

bmwillsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi friends

We have many Content Management Systems online to design and develope dynamic websites. But we have to design our own templates, themes, plugins, modules etc.,

And it should be easy to enhance the modifications. Please suggest a best cms in your experience....

2. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Over time, most CMSs are getting all the same features and similar complexity. Still, there is not really a "best" CMS since it ultimately depends on which CMS has s combination of feature set and ease-of-use that suits the website you are developing for.

In general, because of the huge number of themes and plugins as well as user familiarity, I would give the edge to WordPress in most cases. However, you should never just blindly accept it as the best for a particular situation without considering the alternatives.

3. Adelina

Adelina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

WordPress is the best CMS for web designers. WordPress is always the first choice of designers. Even, web designers and developers also have been using a designing software Templatetoaster. Today, its a most usable designing software.

4. healingforce

healingforce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would suggest you to use something like Joomla. I've used it plenty of time as CMS for many customers and they have always find themself good using it as it's intuitive easy to use and to understand. Also it comes with a very simplified interface that will allow you to customize it in every way you can think of.

5. bmwillsmith

bmwillsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, i agree with you, Joomla is a very secure, popular and developer friendly Content Management System to create, design and develop high quality static, dynamic, responsive and eCommerce websites:

Found this useful article for you:
    http://www.joomlashine.com/blog/6-highlight-features-of-joomla-3-3.html

6. healingforce

healingforce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Apart from that I've seen a really good community always ready to help you out if you struggle with some problems regarding the CMS and this is for sure a thing to remind and to take in consideration.

7. AakashAgarwal

AakashAgarwal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wordpress is Designer friendly and user friendly compare with other cms themes. Most of the our company and client websites designed by wordpress theme.

8. Rakesh Yadav

Rakesh Yadav
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have 6+ yrs of experience with WordPress and total of 8+yrs experience in web designing. I have used many CMS in the past and can assure you that WordPress is the best out there. It's very popular and so your clients may already have some experience with it. Many time i get request from client to use it. It will let you customize everything from theme, plugin to even core features using action and filters.

I have made some great big websites with it and believe me there is plugin for almost everything if you want to fasten the development time.

Also if it matters, they are even planning to have REST API for their core features, official plugin is already there but its yet to be added in the core. This way you will be able to use it for Big Apps for multi platforms like Mobile apps, Website, Java apps etc. You can also use angular with this plugin.

9. bmwillsmith

bmwillsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very nice experience you have shared about WordPress, and API integration also easy because any API developer is developing their own plugin which makes our work easier.

10. w3web

w3web
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Best CMS can vary with the type of your requirements (business), There are many CMS that available in the market like Magento, drupal and so on. But what to do when none of the available CMS are not fitting to your business. So better to develop customized CMS when your demands are exceeding.

11. bmwillsmith

bmwillsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Magento is highly scalable, high performance, robust architecture and accurate statistics but it's purely developer friendly software.

12. Website Design Ltd

Website Design Ltd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The majority of our eCommerce websites are built on Wordpress, both for ease of use, but also because it's fully adaptable and malleable from a design perspective. Using an open source CMS allows us to produce bespoke products that are powerful and effective, as well as being extremely easy to manage once we've handed them over to clients.