Survey Websites

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by JamesD31, Apr 25, 2010.

1. JamesD31

JamesD31
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been looking extremely long and hard to find out more information regarding these type of websites. I have some cool ideas on how to do this, but what I really want to know is, how do these websites start up?

Where do I have to go to start setting up a survey website where people can earn money or prizes from taking surveys?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

There are some strong and well established survey websites already competing in this market. Survey Monkey is the first one that comes to mind and I know of a few people that use them quite successfully.

The fact that the existing players already have a strong foothold in the market, means that you would have to have a strong competitive advantage and offer something unique and special, in order to get users. Do you have anything in mind that would differentiate you the people already providing this service?

3. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But can you make big or atleast a reasonable amount of money on a regular basis through them? if thats the case then it would be worth while jumping into the band wagon.

4. JamesD31

JamesD31
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Agreed, that is the case. I don't believe I can make millions or out beat their competition, or as of yet. I do have some ideas that I could try and implement though that might make it a tad bit unique. Though, money is money. And if it takes me only $10 to buy a domain name and some hours of work to make a few hundred, that would mean profit.

I already have an arcade site I am finishing up, http://www.gamingallnight.com, which I have a few more innovative ideas that could defiantly beat the already arcade giants. Due to the fact those others have a pretty horribly made site, except for maybe newgrounds, and so I have a chance if I were to ever build my user base up - which is the hardest thing to do.

5. stevebarnard

stevebarnard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi James,

As you know, people have really started earning some extra money in their spare time by just sitting at home and doing work online. Many websites offer paid survey services. Here’s a procedure for launching an online based survey website:
    - Create a website and initially increase the traffic. Website should be creative to attract users.
    - Organize visitors by region and category.
    - Most big organizations require surveys or market research before launching any product. Approach them and show your web traffic stats.
    - Provide the best solution in an affordable rate.
    Visit some other paid survey websites to get ideas. Here are some links:
    http://www.squidoo.com/best--surveys
    http://www.tamingthebeast.net/misc/online-surveys.htm
    I’m sure this information will help.

6. JamesD31

JamesD31
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for the information, though what are these big companies that I need to approach to get their survey's and such on my website?