Surface RT

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by LordRoco, Apr 11, 2013.

1. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I love the features as well as how good it is structured. Also, its more like a unisex business model where both women and men can use it during conferences as a black typepad gives it a more manly and executive look and women who are a bit cheesy would prefer the pick colour!

Anyone here owns one?

2. Marc

Marc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'd prefer get the Surface Pro.

3. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

4. Marc

Marc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You do know that it's the other way around, right?
    The Surface Pro features the Windows 8 Pro OS, while the Surface features Windows RT.

5. LordRoco

LordRoco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Haha. Yeah Since I tend to think too much on RT, I have this feeling that its more important :D But it offers the same thing. Pro has got a arguably low battery span but RT doesnot have much improvement over it, but its still 'improvement'. Pro is too heavy and heats up fast, but RT has a definite advantage over if, if not for the application support. Management is a easy tool with RT and I am especially concerned about the pricing :(

6. Marc

Marc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's because of the 3rd gen Intel Core i5 CPU. If you use it a lot, like with any desktop/laptop, it should heat up.
    The CPU in the Pro outperforms the Tegra 3 CPU any day.
    Heck, you can even play graphic intense PC games on it (you can read more about this at this post at another forum).

Not really, unless you're talking about its price tag for a user with limited needs. The Pro packs a harder punch than the RT, so battery life takes a good blow.

To be honest, Surface tablets are not meant to be cheap. If you're concerned about prices, the Nexus 7 is a powerhouse and is affordable at the same time.
    As for Surface (if you're like myself), I'd say go Pro or go Home, ;)

#6 Marc, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013