Support from county government?

Discussion in 'Legal and HR' started by Worm, May 6, 2016.

1. Worm

Worm
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I built and moved into a new 85,000 sq. ft. building 2 years ago. I moved from the other side of the county and was leasing a 15,000 sq. ft. building, so they should of known a good amount about our business.

We grow cultured night crawlers and it's a rather slow process. We're currently selling fishing bait and castings. There are a few other markets we can move into once we hit a higher production.

Our production is set by the county based on our class A composting permit. We use “in vessel” composters and keep all our inputs stored inside with filtered exhaust systems. The county will only permit us 3 of the 6 composters which cuts us down to 50% of the output that we could do.

2 months ago I had a meeting with the county board of directors trying to get my permit changed. There was a long discussion about how many employees I have, that I use a payroll service, our pay rate, my long term growth, and looking at my states permit / requirements. They agreed to permit composter 4 and 5, but would not put it in writing. I call them once a week to check up on the permit and all I get is they're working on it.

The thing I don't understand is that they go out of their way to help larger businesses expand that have lots of waste water violations.

How do you go about dealing with the county government?
    I'm getting close to the point that I'm ready to get the media involved, but I fear that they might just drag their feet more.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?