Suitable Sites for Websites promotion?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Arsudar, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Arsudar

Arsudar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This one is probably asked before but I cannot find it, so allow me: is there any suggested websites for website promotion? As far as I know it is pretty difficult to find a website which allows promotion.

2. Nitesh Jaiswar

Nitesh Jaiswar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Google updates its algorithm from time to time. As you know that Google has stopped giving page ranks to any website. So, from now PG is of no use and its quite difficult for the folks to check the credibility of a website easily. But, still you can find whether a website is good or not by checking its content and the popularity of it. It will abet you to make your company info viral and to market it effectively. Choose websites keenly as it will abet you to popularize your business rapidly.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

What type of "promotion" are you looking for? As Nitesh mentioned, simply adding your link to a website is no longer effective, and many other previous techniques are no longer being used for the same reason. Knowing what type of promotion you have in mind will help us guide you in the right direction, if indeed there is one.

4. Arsudar

Arsudar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Currently I'm doing website promotion for a page in order to increase its traffic rate. So most of the time I look for different forums to see if they allow link editing. Normally I use anchor text for my post.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Unfortunately, you're wasting your time. Links in forum posts/signatures are considered low quality, and are no longer acceptable sources for link building. Even if they were, most forums worth reading, including this one, do not allow promotional links in a forum post. I know Google will pick them up even if the forum is not worth reading, but they would be even lower quality than the ones from better forums. Since links from forums are considered low quality, regardless of the quality of the forum itself, they would do more harm than good.

• Like Like x 1
  6. zotowatson

zotowatson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't focus on promotion of your website.. Try to provide valuable information to people. Google hates self promotion. Try to earn back links by creating quality content so that people can enjoy reading your content and give backlinks to you.....

7. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social networking sites are very popular in these days among internet marketers. These social networking sites do help in increasing traffic to any web page so you should also start working on the top social networking sites like facebook and twitter. Plus you can also spear the word about your website in forums like this one. There are some forums which allow to mention your website/blog in your signature like you have mentioned here at businessadviceforum.com.

8. Arsudar

Arsudar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hay... sad... seems a large part of my work becomes nothing @@

9. cheta

cheta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

wow, i love this response. surely this is really seems the best to me. in other words, you are saying that creating useful articles and content is key to getting promoted and traffic.

10. cheta

cheta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If forums are of low quality, then what kind of websites can one get backlinks that will be of high quality?. social bookmarking sites? High authority sites like microsoft, wordpress, blogger, CNN etc? please i need to know.

11. Magento_oCodewire

Magento_oCodewire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are looking for the websites promotion then you have to go with the Off-page SEO activities. These activities provide you the amazing promotion of your websites. Like you can perform Guest posting and blog commenting for better promotion of your websites.

12. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

And how is this going to help promote the site? VEry few people will see the guest post and even less with click on the links. and blog commenting rarely results in a visit.

If you want to promote a website try advertising. The ROI can be excellent.

13. mike anderson

mike anderson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes now a day social bookmarking,directory submission,forum submission is part of old seo promoting your website on social networking platform is the newest and best technique according me this is the way how you can promote your website and popularize it.platform such as facebook,twitter,linkedin,G+ are really helpfull

14. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I'm with fisicx on this one. Guest Posting and blog commenting are both poor SEO activities. In fact, blog commenting has not been an acceptable method for some time. If it is targeted properly, guest posting might enhance your reputation in your field, but it has fallen out of favor as a primary link building method.

Depending on the type, advertising might not be the best way to go. What type of advertising gives a better ROI than SEO? Display Advertising? Classified Advertising? Either way, a potential customer or client would have to be viewing the ad when they need the particular product or service being advertised.