Suggestions will be much appreciated. :)

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by angelOnEarth, Feb 14, 2013.

1. angelOnEarth

angelOnEarth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

as I've mentioned on someone else's thread, I have my online clothing business. Online business is doing good but I'm also thinking of starting another business in my hometown. Since it's a province, most people would want to go to the market and cook their own meals so I don't think a restaurant isn't really a good option. any suggestions?
    :confused:

2. Jay.

Jay.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You don't think a restaurant isn't really a good option? Just to be clear, you're suggesting it would be better to open a restaurant rather than another online business? If that's the case then yes, I agree if you're starting a food business dealing online probably isn't the way to go. Selling direct to your customers sound like the preferable choice.

Unfortunately once again I'm not entirely sure if I've understood your initial post, so please elaborate a little? :)

3. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From what i understand you want to start a restaurant in your hometown but you feel being a small town people would not prefer it?

I that case i would say you need to assess the demand. Is there any restaurant already present? If yes, how is it going? If not, then you have a chance. You just need to give people what they want. Many people would want to go to a restaurant over the weekends or to celebrate and you can could cash in on that.

First you find answers to these questions and then decide.

4. Lets Syncro

Lets Syncro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you looking for something that compliments your existing business? what is that website? what skills and assets do you want to utilize?

5. williamjames732

williamjames732
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think restaurants business is a good idea in any country. You can go for restaurants business.

6. angelOnEarth

angelOnEarth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the suggestion, guys. and for Rocky, yes, I think I'm going to do a case study before planning on whether opening up a restaurant or something else. :)

7. Natcoweb

Natcoweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You must have enough experience for that.

8. partho

partho
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Now in this day tourism is going increases so I thing if you want to go for restaurant business then it's one of the good business

9. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I have to chose I'd probably go for the restaurant. People eat from time to time, its a necessity so I think its much profitable.

10. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Let us know how things turn out to be and where you reach with your venture.

11. Picture

Picture
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How about running classes to teach others in your hometown how to be successful online?

12. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You know people go to market and buy foods to cook. Then why waste your money on that. It's matter you open a new fresh small market to sell the food products nearby. So, it will be easy for the people around you to buy foods / vegetables. You will also have some regular customers.

13. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually, you have already seen the available business opportunities in your small town, but you're unable to process it properly.
    If you think people prefer to cook for themselves, then why why don't you try to open a supermarket. I think it would be more useful because in a small town it is difficult to get different kinds of food.

14. 1paket.com

1paket.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Experience and money you must have for that.