Suggestions on promoting my website to my target market?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by scottpaterson, Feb 18, 2010.

1. scottpaterson

scottpaterson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

I have just finished building a website and am trying to find creative with ways to promote it. The site is for North American college students to exchange their class notes for free. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to market this type of website to college students? Ideally I am looking for free or low cost solutions, I am not looking for suggestions that involve formal advertising.

If you would like to view the site the address is classnotez.com

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome.Thank you for your time!
    Scott

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Scott and thanks for posting your question.

Given that your target market is North American college students, FaceBook is the first resource for promoting your site, that comes to mind. FaceBook is extremely popular with your target market and they are regular visitors to it. You could start with creating a Fan Page on Facebook and you could consider some paid advertising on FaceBook. Resulting from the information they collect on their members, FaceBook advertising can be extremely targeted.

A twitter account for your site would also help you to spread the word and to keep in contact with your existing users. Examples of tweets you could post would be details of the newest notes submitted to your site.

Other options you could consider are submitting your site to free directories and promoting it on relevant forums and blogs. Word of mouth communication will also be extremely important to the successful promotion of your site. Have you considered running contests or promotions, to encourage existing users to tell their friends about the site?

You could add a "tell your friends" link to the site and you should consider applications that would allow your users to connect with their Gmail and Twitter contacts to invite their friends to your site.

Good luck with it and please do post back with your thoughts and updates on your progress.

3. gilroy

gilroy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am totally agree with the Administrator. Facebook pages are the best way to promote website around the targeted market. There is another way of promoting your free notes exchange website. Register in the forum of North American college if they have there official forum available on the web. Provide useful information there which helpful for community student members and refer them to your notes exchange website...
    it may helpful for you...

Thanks.