Suggestions for a Future Contest on my Blog

Discussion in 'Content Marketing' started by GekiDan, Oct 8, 2009.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have a contest for my blog circulating in my mind for quite a couple of days.
    I'm planning to have a "Donate and Win" contest to raise funds for my blog's improvement that will run for a couple of months.

Here's what I'm planning to do:
    i have already set up a Paypal donation button on my blog. And for every $1 donation gets the donor one raffle entry. Only donations from a certain period of time will be included in the contest. The winner will be chosen randomly and will win a figure of his/her choice (depending on the availability).

What do you guys think?

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is not a good idea. It no different as those website that ask you to pay them and then give you a work / entry the contests. It will give negative impact on your blog, just my 2cents

3. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi - Sorry to say but this won't work. People will think you are making much more money in donations then what you are offering as prize money as their is no way for them to check that. To generate traffic, you should create interesting and free to join contests - Like the ones we have here on BAF. If you don't have money to pay the winners, you can offer discount vouchers for popular sites or malls instead.

4. bumba1988

bumba1988
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do not think this is going to work friend.No one will be interested to donate 1$ to buy a raffle entry.It is better if you start writing contests and pay the winner a good amount of money as the price money.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Yes you should be careful with that GekiDan. You could even run into some legal and licensing difficulties if people need to pay to enter your contest. Much better to give something away for free, perhaps in return for joining your mailing list, commenting on posts or subscribing to your feed. You don't even need to give a big prize or anything that costs you money. For example you could offer an ad spot on your blog as a prize.

6. Digital

Digital
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't think it is a good Idea as some reasons are already given by some of the members. You should try to make it more innovative.

-Digital

7. Bohra

Bohra
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How about the old referal contest that does pretty well u knw

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks alot for your replies. I will now bury that contest on the ground. :D