Suggestions for a free offer from BAF please?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Fergal, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If Business Advice Forum was to offer you a free reward up to the value of $10, in return for your participation here, what would you like it to be?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

2. MoneyTrack

MoneyTrack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How about a $10 gift card? Itunes would be perfect for me ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer cash because most of us aren't in the same country and probably can't use the gift cards.

• Like Like x 1
  4. eelizasanchez121

eelizasanchez121
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also would have preferred cash!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. pentawebexperts

pentawebexperts
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends what BAF would offer whether it would be a gift or cash. In my opinion gifts are also valuable as compared to the cash price. Gift would remind us BAF till we will not lose it or consume it and on the other hand 10 $ will be vanish on the same day or another.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Our $10 BAF Cash auctions are not as popular as I had hoped they would be. Hence, I was looking for suggestions as to anything else we could offer to our members.

Further suggestions would be most welcome.

7. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would also prefer cash but becoming a moderator also or some gift from BAF is also welcome

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Someone would have to show they have the ability for tasks like becoming a moderator, but perhaps "moderator for a day" might be doable.

The problem with BAF Cash is that there is very little they can do with it. Perhaps if there were some way to trade the BAF cash (or perhaps change it to BAF points)for actual items people would attach more value to them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'm looking for more options as to what we could offer in exchange for BAF Cash. However at the moment members can exchange BAF Cash for real money and be in with a chance to win $2,500, or exchange it for a link on Business Advice Forum and get an entry in our $5,000 draw. Members can also exchange BAF Cash for goods and services in our BAF Cash Exchange section.

What do you mean by "BAF points"?

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Perhaps being able to actually exchange BAF Cash for real money without an auction, i.e. a certain amount of BAF Cash would be worth $1, and when a member reaches a certain threshold (this is just off the top of my head, but maybe BAF cash worth $10(LOL)), they can then trade it for real money.
    Maybe people can actually buy ads (actually a link to their website), such as the links under your signature or links at the bottom of each page, for BAF Cash?

I took a quick look at the first page. Although there are some that are worth getting, for instance, one member offered a professional press release for BAF Cash, most were of the "like me on Facebook", or "make a post on my forum" variety. I realize that is not your fault, but these are not worth much.

This used by many companies as an incentive to get people to buy their products. For instance, Coke has a "MyCokeRewards" program. Each bottle of Coke, or Coke product, has a code under the cap. By entering the code on the "mycokerewards.com" website, members accumulate 3 points per bottle, and can then exchange these points for actual products like t-shirts, caps, mugs, magazine subscriptions, and other products. Of course, yours would be on a smaller scale, and the points would automatically accumulate.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks for all those suggestions joeroxx, there is a lot of good stuff for me to think about there.

That is something I have been thinking about, I feel that perhaps the auction requirement complicated the offer a little and made it less appealing to our members.

Members can use their BAF Cash to get a link to their site in the header of every page of the forum. We may add other advertising or promotional offers in the future.

Feedback from other members as to something you would like to get for free from BAF, would be most appreciated.