Suggestions for a fashion design business to succeed?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by clifborder4fm, Dec 23, 2012.

1. clifborder4fm

clifborder4fm
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey guys so my friend has a successful local fashion clothing business in Europe. She is local for now but still doesn't have a website because she was satisfied with her sales in the shop. Also everything she sells in the shop, she designs and makes herself. In addition we have access to other well known clothing brands like abercrombie at a lower price. Our goal is to start exporting my friend's designer clothing in addition to the other brand name stuff we have, internationally.

What steps should we take to accomplish this?

First, I believe we should obviously get a professional website made with pictures of what we have.

But Second, our goal is to export to North America and the UK mainly. How can we achieve this? Just email clothing boutiques in those countries with our offers?

Also, I was thinking about putting all of our stuff on sites like ebay to get some quick sales in. Would ebay be a good idea, or could it hurt the brand image?

Thanks for all the help guys.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi clifborder4fm, sounds like your friend has built up a nice little business. I would agree with you that getting a professional looking website up would be a good step for your friend's business. It would allow potential clients from abroad to view what she has to offer and the fact that she has a site would help them to view her business in a more favourable light.

I don't have experience of the fashion industry, is it normal for quality fashion designers to sell their products on eBay?

Sounds like a good idea, it won't cost much in terms of money or time, so you really don't have much to lose by testing it. If you get the website up, obviously those emails should include a link to the site. You could also follow some of those emails up with a phone call to the store to ask if they would be interested in discussing it further.