Suggestion Required for On-page?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by David Parkes, May 5, 2014.

1. David Parkes

David Parkes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello All,

I recently got the website of a Manufacturer & Supplier of Plastic for SEO. This website has already been badly optimized by someone else. Now, I am shocked to see the same Title on every page. Keywords ranking are good. I am little bit confused where to start.

I need some help with on-page. Do I need to change every Title or let it be same?

Many Thanks

• Like Like x 1
    #1 David Parkes, May 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2014
  2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are going to start with SEO of this site then you need to do research first.

Like you said, the pages I checked are stuffed with keywords. However, you say the rankings are good?

You can make the title more relevant and still use long tail keywords to begin with.

3. rajesharinos

rajesharinos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

First try to remove meta description in all the pages.but don't change url.that's very important.there are so many tool available for website analyser.use this tool and analyse the website fully.what ever error will be there,remove all the error in onpage and start doing the off page submissions.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

First, Business Advice Forum is an English language forum, and all posts should be written in English, meaning not only the words, but proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure. I took the liberty of editing your post for you to make it more professional.
    Second, although you did not ask about off-page, I would immediately remove the links to the client's website from your signature. This is an amateur technique used by people who don't know any better, and could wind up harming your client's rankings, making your on-page efforts useless.
    Like Rocky recommended, I would start with research. You want to make sure you are pursuing keywords that are searched by the client's potential customers. Once you have those, rather than removing the description as rajesharinos recommended, I would edit the Title tags and relevant meta tags so they match the content, and not just stuffed with keywords. Then I would edit the content of each page to make sure you are using the keywords you want that page to be ranked for. Don't worry about quantity, just make sure the content sounds natural when you read it.

5. guptaabhijit318

guptaabhijit318
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some on page optimization techniques:
    • Page Meta Descriptions
    • Page Meta Titles
    • Page Meta Keywords
    • Bolding keywords
    • H1 Tags
    • Italicizing keywords
    • H2 Tags
    • Proper image SEO
    • Proper site wide navigation
    • Including video on your site
    • Transparency pages
    • XML sitemap …….and more.

6. Jason Parms

Jason Parms
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are going to start SEO for this website, then it require to make necessary analysis of website content, back links and competition etc. As you told that title is same on all pages, then it needs to change it first and make it unique and informative, which can describe about the page information. It is necessary to follow Google update guideline and make necessary change on website content, title, keyword and description tags, which will beneficial to get well ranking in search engines.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ActionEstore

ActionEstore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

David Parker,

First of all start updating Meta tags for your website and after that make it index by the Google. Following things you need to check :-

1) Meta tags are properly updated.
    2) H1 and H2 tag.
    3) Images with Alt Tags.
    4) Site Navigation.
    4) Content in the website should be unique.
    6) XML and HTML site Map presence.
    7) Thing like Flash & Iframe should be minimized.
    8) URL should be optimized.

After all this done you are ready to start you Off-page activity.