Suggestion for websites??

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by markwillson400, Feb 28, 2013.

1. markwillson400

markwillson400
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Guys,

Me mark & a member of this forum..I'm login in the community after five months because I'm too busy in creating websites. I've created three directory websites i.e.

Freedirectory4u.org
    OnlyBestLinks.org
    &
    onlinedirectoryfree.com

Can you guys suggest how can i improve more these websites?? Because I want to do SEO of these websites but firstly i want user reviews how they think about these websites?? Is these websites good for SEO now?? Give me your opinions...Advance Thanks.........

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your sites are nicely structured and have good page load times. The domains are relevant as well. You don't need to do much. Is there anything specific you want us to look at?

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Personally I think the three directories look great, I also like the way you have the Adsense ads placed on them and would imagine that they could be very profitable for you. The submit page on the directories looks extremely professional and should help encourage your visitors to submit their sites.

You could start by promoting your directories in the free advertising forum sections right here on Business Advice Forum.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Do you own these websites, or did you build them for someone else? I checked the "whois" record for them and according to their records, one is owned by someone in china, the other two are owned by someone in India. The reason why I ask is because I saw some obvious errors in language and grammar that need to be fixed.
    I am also troubled by some of the descriptions:

FreeDirectory4U says it will "surely help you to get good search engine ranking" and "If you want to increase your website visibility in all major search engines then submit your website".
    OnlyBestLinks says to submit your link "for achieving a good ranking on major search engines like yahoo, google, bing and many more".
    OnlineDirectoryfree describes itself as an "seo web directory" and also says to submit your link "for achieving a good ranking on major search engines like yahoo, google, bing and many more".

Although they do say "good ranking", which is open to interpretation, "Freedirectory4u" does say it will "surely help" and "If you want to increase your website visibility". You want to make sure you do not promise something you can't deliver. Because these phrases are, as I mentioned, "open to interpretation", some may think they can submit their website to any one of these directories, or even all three, and they will reach page 1 of the major search engines, when that is definitely not the case. I checked the phrase "Free Web Directory" on Google, and of the directories listed on page 1, only one makes a connection between listing a website and search engine ranking. I would, therefore, remove any reference to search engine rankings from these websites.
    The grammar errors are too numerous to list here, so you can PM me if you want help with those.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I made two observations from visiting your sites:

1) The information above the fold is mostly useless for users and dominated by advertising. In my opinion, that is going to make those sites targets for Google Panda. So, I would expect that sooner or later Panda will prevent you from ranking well in Google, if it isn't already doing so.

2) The links to the client sites in your directory are done through Javascript which makes it harder for Google to crawl. I viewed your HTML source code and saw that there were no visible URL's present that point to your client's websites. The primary reason people buy listings in directories like that is because they are trying to build some links to their site. Isn't it? If that is true, then your site doesn't help them do that very well. So, there is no way I would ever list a site in there and if anyone asked me if it was worth it, I would recommend that they didn't list with you.

That is my honest opinion. The things I wrote here are not intended to offend you. So, please don't be offended by my criticism. I am giving you my honest feedback about what I think about your sites.

• Like Like x 2
  6. markwillson400

markwillson400
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm honestly says I respect your opinion & mine programmer working on website & have says to mine programmer to delete the javascript..If javascript is delete then what do you think about my websites?? Is these websites rank on google after doing this?? Please share some tips more...

& also tell me which above fold do you talking about?? which information is useless according to you?? Can you tell me Ted?? I'm waiting for your response.....Is these websites structure is good or not??

- - - - Posts Merged - - - -

Thanks !!!! I want to also provide list in it..Can i do this?? Is it good for my websites???

7. Ted

Ted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you make the site so that the client links are visible in the HTML and so that the client links are regular hyperlinks without the rel="nofollow" attribute, then yes that would be better for the client in my opinion.

No I don't think that will help your directories rank better. It will help your clients rank a little better though. If you want your own sites to rank better then I would make sure the homepage includes the words that you want to rank for. I don't know what keywords you want them to rank for. So, I can't offer more specific advice than that.

I also mentioned Google Panda. By having the top part of your page dominated by advertising like that, you make your site much more susceptible to be demoted in rankings by Google Panda. I don't know if you have exceeded the threshold for what Google considers a low quality site or not. But, I can assure you that if you have not yet exceeded it, you are certainly very close to doing so.

I would experiment by removing the ads on one of those sites and seeing if it gets easier to rank that site compared to the others.

Above the fold means "anything that is visible on the page when the page first loads without scrolling down" So if you have to scroll down to see something on the page then that content you are scrolling down for is below the fold.

I referred to most of your content "above the fold" as being useless. Take your first website on that list. If you look at the homepage, the only useful information that loads above the fold is your navigation menu above the advertising and a small paragraph of text off to the right hand side of the page that describes what the site is about.

The space above the fold is dominated by Google Adsense advertising. The first thing a visitor is going to notice on your homepage (or any page) is your advertising. Normally that would be ideal for you because that is what you want to happen. However, since Google implemented its Panda update, you have to be more careful. If your site gets identified as being a Panda target, then your site will get blasted so low in the search results that you will never get any meaningful amount of traffic from Google. If Google traffic matters to you, then you should reconsider how much advertising you want on each page above the fold. If that advertising was below the fold, then Google does not care as much. They do care about how much advertising appears above the fold compared to how much other useful content there is above the fold. For a site to be considered high quality in Google's eyes, the content that a visitor sees immediately after the page loads should be useful content that is relevant to the page. They don't consider advertising (whether it is Google Adsense or affiliate links or sponsors or anything other form of paid ads) to be useful.

You had asked about how well these sites would rank. If you have that much advertising above the fold on your sites, I think you might find it close to impossible to get them to rank well in Google. Maybe you will and maybe you won't. You would have to test it to know for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  8. markwillson400

markwillson400
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks a lot to all for positive suggestion...

9. Ronei Daselva

Ronei Daselva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These 3 sites looks complete to me and mostly same as those business directory site in the business. Great Work.

10. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The directory site of yours looks good to me. You can do SEO because that will generate some traffic. I think you need to promote your site wherever you find relevant.

11. ramiszaro

ramiszaro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

While your creating the websites try to start analyzing the website in a different manner so that it is easy for every one to get into your wbesite.

SEO ON Page & OFF page

ON Page
    Meta tag creation

Title
    Description
    Keywords

OFF page

Directory
    blog comments
    bookmark
    profile creation
    forum