suggest me some small business

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by williamjames732, Jan 31, 2013.

1. williamjames732

williamjames732
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hello guy,

i always want to start a business. now i have some amount of money. but i have confused for what kind of business i start. so suggest some small business

Thanks
    :)

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

William, welcome to Business Advice Forum.

You would really need to give us some more information before we can suggest suitable businesses to you.

What country are you based in?

Can you tell us a little bit about the types of business you might be interested in?

Can you tell us about your business and / or work experience?

You might also be interested in the links within the "Business Ideas" section of our Useful Business Resources / Links thread.

3. alicemenezes

alicemenezes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are your skills? Whats your educational background? What are you interested in? Budget?

4. pete.mcal

pete.mcal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Whatever you end up doing it will have more chance of success if you have passion for the area the business focuses on.

For example most people in this community would be likely to do better in a business selling internet ad space than designing and manufacturing plastic pipes. Many times you have to go where the money is unfortunately... But it definitely helps your chances if you've got a passion for the market you're in.

5. williamjames732

williamjames732
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pete I am fully agree with you . If you passionate about any thing you got success at one day . I have passion to do well in business. I find my interest business like restaurants. But the problem is the amount I have is very less for this business. Suggest some business resources who provides loans at start up business.

Thanks for replies guys.:)

6. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since you like the restaurant business you would need to begin with what kind of restaurant you would like to start. Do you have any experience in this line of business? Can you cook?

As far as loans are concerned, you can approach a financial institution in your area. Where are you located?

• Like Like x 1
  7. 2misi.com

2misi.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Discover your passion in what field, and then do research how to operate and who is the target market in that business.

8. williamjames732

williamjames732
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@ROCKY seriously I don't have any experience in restaurant business. but I want to do. Yes I cook. And one more thing I want to know is how much money to be loaned for new business owners by governments and as well as other resources.

9. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well if you are determined to do it then its great. Since you can cook that's an added advantage. You could begin with a small setup probably lease a place and serve a cuisine that is not easily available to attract people who want to try new dishes and target that niche. This would also keep your capex low. About the loans where are you based? You can approach any local banks for a loan.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before suggesting you a small bussiess, I want to know what country you are from and which faculty did you study and also are you skilled in any works?

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

williamjames732 I'd suggest that you try to get a job in a restaurant so that you can learn the business and get practical experience in it. It will also help you to start saving some money that you can save to put towards your future business.

You say that you can cook, perhaps another option for you would be to start a small business preparing and selling food items to the public or other businesses. You wouldn't necessarily need a restaurant for this and it might even be something you could start from home. However, you need to be aware of local food hygiene regulations.

12. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sorry william, I didn't see your reply. You cook? That's great but what kind of foods can you cook? If you would like to get a job in a restaurant or start a small restaurant, you need to know cook foods like pizza, burger, sandwich and other foods which people would like and order.

Restaurant business can go well if you are the cook but you also need to employ some workers for that too.

Thank you.

13. Transcribe

Transcribe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Be positive and go ahead in life!

14. bethw

bethw
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great thinking William! You want to start your own restaurant business, that is really nice.
    You will find many competitors in this field, for sure. Therefore, be prepared, research well on the web, know know competitors ( both their strength and weakness), plan accordingly, take advises from experts and go ahead.
    All the very best for your new venture!

15. PS9

PS9
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to go into the restaurant business without a lot of money, most places in the world you can do something like one guy I know. Basically he setup a stand at the local playing card show that happens twice a week. I'd say theres 2,000 attendees and he setup exclusive rights with the building owner to be there; pays about $40 a day for the spot outside by the door.

He then has a little hot dog cart with some things on the side, now he doesn't really "cook" much except perhaps the bacon for the bacon wrapped dogs... it's more "warm it up quick and it tastes good" because he just goes to the local Costco (it's basically like a cash and carry if you're in Europe) and buys some Pizza, Hot Dogs, Pretzels, Churros, etc. and sells them.

Now I know this isn't really cooking, and it's not a restaurant, but I always found it a good way to start because it would give you loan free money and if you do want to cook it's a great test bed. Why? because each week you can put up a special, they buy it (or you could even give it as a free side order in a little cup), and now where do they go to eat? They stand right there in front of you so when they tell their buddy how good or how bad this food is, you'll be right there to hear it. -- So in the end, once you got money for the restaurant itself, you've already finished market research. You know what people in that area like, you know how much they'll pay. It's much easier if you can do the research before you open the business.

• Like Like x 1
  16. williamjames732

williamjames732
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks you so much guys. all of theses suggestions you gave me i keep it in mind.