Suggest me? Should i buy Windows phone or Android phone?

Discussion in 'Computer Questions, Issues & Security' started by kimipatel, Mar 4, 2013.

1. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I have to buy new cell phone. But i am confuse in which phone should i buy or not. Windows phone or Android phone... Could any body suggest me which one should i buy? Windows phone or Android one..

Thanks...

2. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If I had to buy new cell. Then, I would with Android for sure. I don't mean to say Windows phone is bad but Nowadays, it's a kind of trend of Android and iPhones.

3. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since I have used all the platforms including android, iOS , rim(not the latest one).....and now is using windows 7.5 mango....will say experience of windows phone is awesome....hope windows 8 must be really damn good...try windows...it's a fresh breath of experience and technology..

4. vikaskumar11233

vikaskumar11233
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey,
    Where every one goes with Android and iPhone OS. I suggest you to go for Windows Phone. It is really a different from the league and different experience of using Windows Phone.

5. Marc

Marc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can suggest to you ANY phone in the world, but can you afford it?
    I can tell you to go with XYZ mobile operating system, but will you like it?

Without additional details, we can not help you. We can only shoot random suggestions at you that you might not even like or can afford.

6. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I know but i just want to know which one is best means which system used by maximum by people. N i also like to buy a Windows phone... Thanks for your Suggestion...

Thanks.

7. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you simply want to know what is used by maximum people then Android it is. Its good and easy to use. But then it all depends upon your personal liking. If you can provide a budget and some details you might get better suggestions.

8. Jay.

Jay.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't know why, but I don't really like Windows phones as much. Even though I have an iPhone currently, I'm a big Android fan and would recommend you go for that option. However, it's down to you so try both out if you can and see which you feel is more comfortable. Both offer similar features.

Let us know what you decide. Remember that what model phone you go for also is a big consideration (as some android phones may not have the features you actually need) :)

9. Portal88

Portal88
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suggest android. More people developing application or games for android.

10. Ashwani Kataria

Ashwani Kataria
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Go for Android phones.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Would you mind giving a reason for your recommendation?

12. Leejeong

Leejeong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to be "in" with these modern trends, go for android phones. Web Applications and most especially the games are available on these phones. A lot of awesome apps are awaiting you. Just pick the right phone with the right features. Look for the latest android OS, I think its Android Jellybean.. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bharat Book

Bharat Book
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi! if you are having trouble to making choice then easy way search for the reviews on models that you want tho buy.
    I ll suggest go with Android it has huge no. of applications and good feature with the latest os Jelly beans . And there is you want to compare between the Android and i-os i.e. I-phone, then i-phone would be better option from performance wise speed of processing etc .

14. Delgado2009

Delgado2009
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should go with ANDROID for sure...

Why? Because there are around 750.000 apps for Android on Google Play, the vast majority of them optimised for smartphones. Two years after launch and Windows Phone is still hovering around the 150.000, most of which were written for Windows 7 (they are forwards compatible with WP8). The bald numbers really don't matter, so long as the key apps are represented, but at the time of writing key big name apps missing from the Windows Phone Apps+Games Store include Spotify, BBC iPlayer, Instagram and games like Bad Piggies and Temple Run.

Not that Android is perfect in this regard. It's fair to say that Google Play is second only to the iTunes App Store in the list of world's great app stores. Pretty much all major apps are there. But there are a couple of major caveats. Because of Android's relatively open nature, rogue apps do make it on to the Android app platform. Because Google Play informs you of the permissions required by each app you can make a solid judgment in most cases, but you do have to tread carefully.

Also, not all apps are available for all Android smartphones. A relatively small number of Android apps are tablet only. More pertinantly, because of the multitude of different versions of Android that abound on smartphones old and new, app makers struggle to keep up with every flavour, and will often target only the most popular. So if you have a handset with Android 2.3 you can choose from a very different list of apps from which those with an Android 4.2 smartphone can choose.

Don't worry if that sounds confusing, Google Play shows you only apps compatible with your phone, so you never know what you are missing.

• Like Like x 3
    #14 Delgado2009, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  15. Bharat Book

Bharat Book
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well thanks for the information, People has tendency to go with the crowed of choose safe path, but i m using i-phone so i do not need to be confused.
    Well said !