Successful Snack Manufacturing Business in Thailand looking to expand overseas. HELP

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by tHai9, May 18, 2012.

1. tHai9

tHai9
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Overview :
    Thai Snacks Manufacturer,
    make snacks such as; Thai crispy egg rolls, donuts , and a few other rice snacks.
    Family owned.
    2 Manufacturing factories.
    2 trucks for delivering the wholesale snacks.
    Currently delivering in about 4-5 major cities in Thailand.

Relatives believe they are ready to export overseas.
    ---------
    I will be solely responsible for international operations. I need to get information and preparing all the paper work and dealing with logistics. ...also FDA will be some work huh?

All of our snacks are dried and the main ingredient is coconut..... shouldn't be difficult with FDA right?
    I have been going around the city to scout possible stores / markets that we might be able to shelf our snacks.
    I am currently in San Francisco, the closest shipping port is Oakland,CA... so maybe ill need a warehouse or some sort of storage for the snacks?

So where do i start ? should i go to the markets first or find info and contact a logistics company first?

I need all the info i can get from you guys, if you are willing to give me some insights.
    This is all new to me and I have no clue where to start. But i am more than willing to take this big responsibility for the business and help the fam. I graduated High School Last year and just finished my first year of college this month.THis is exciting .

2. paddyjames57

paddyjames57
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hi,
    there are many types of indian food, of different culture try to learn indian dishes.......
    you may get a great success......