Successful people serve others.....

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Great Big Mistery, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Great Big Mistery

Great Big Mistery
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All successful people became successful,
    because they gave some talent or ability in the service of others.
    You can contribute in some way to others,
    no matter how small your talent.
    You too, can become successful.
    No one achieves success without being of service.
    Successful people don't use others,
    other people use the successful,
    for above all success is about service.
    Everyone has to be someone to someone to be anyone.
    Service is the essence of success......

Make it a great day!

Martha & Mike
    IT'S ONLY FIVE BUCKS
    AND IT WORKS!

2. freelancewriting

freelancewriting
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, serving others keeps on repeating, you may not know it but the goodness that you do for other people returns back to you or your family, as time passes by. Success is built through trust and credibility, which means to do good and someday it will come back a hundredfold.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Great Big Mistery, that's an inspriational and motivational thought, I do hope it's true. I particularly like the line
    To get first you have to give.

P.s. When you post thoughts like this, please tell us a little about your personal views, it looks a lot less spammy that way.

4. Mynameis...

Mynameis...
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well welcome to the business realm, although I am not a pro in this, but I have a humble view that serving other in business is never about goodness, it's about money, because I rarely saw a businessman who serves others. His ideal view would be: business is business. But what do I know? I am just a beginner.

5. Norrad

Norrad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well every business has to provide a service to make money. But successful people know how and when to provide that service. Successful people don't serve out of the goodness of their hearts, they do it with profit in mind. Helping out in the community is just a way to gain publicity and drive up sales.

6. wonder.woman

wonder.woman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just a thought here, I personally dun think that so long you serve others, a business is guaranteed to become successful. But if you help, serve, give and just focus with no expectations of anything in return, then yeah success could be on its way and the rest is up to you. Serving others with a motive will fail one miserably.

7. Norrad

Norrad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It doesn't work like that, well at least not for me. I give great amounts of my time and money supporting and helping others. After you do it once or twice it becomes expected and people start taking advantage of you. As an example, I am working on a few projects from which I won't see a dime and they are taking up a good deal of my time, all because I helped someone in the past.

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Business is about servicing customers profitably. Alan Sugar classifies businesses that are not making money as a hobby, not a business. He gives an interesting example, that if you sell £10 notes for £5, you will be very busy, but it's not a business and you will never make money at it.

Helping others is great and we also help ourselves when we help others. But it is also important to learn how to say no. If you work for nothing you will never be idle.