Success of your business depends on...

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by jenniferjohn, Dec 4, 2014.

1. jenniferjohn

jenniferjohn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Like Like x 2
    #1 jenniferjohn, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  2. webdesignphx

webdesignphx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That link does not work for me, just a heads up.

I think that expansion of business is all dependent on how hard the owner works and how much time he puts into his company. You get back what you put out.

3. prestonp

prestonp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No. A businessman can work really hard 24/7 in targeting old people with a product that is made for teens, but he will definitely fail. The success of any business or its expansion depends on several variables. Even monitoring economy and consumer is not enough as there would still be many other variables like Politics, Competitors, Product, etc.

This topic is not as easy as explaining it in one article or few lines. You will have study research journals and the regression analysis for this. But even after that there would be no guarantee that your business will succeed since market does not work in such a linear fashion.

4. Jybrael

Jybrael
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Prestonp's opinion. Business is all about proper research and monitoring your consumers needs and wants...like he said you can't really sell toys designed for children between the ages of 1 to 4 to teenagers..everyone has different likes and dislikes..so finding the right product and then marketing it to the right people can lead to success for a business.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sunoy14

sunoy14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My experience? I worked my ass off for two years on two websites. And one day I mistakenly deleted wp-content from my wordpress website. That one second blew off my whole business. Sadly, I didn't have a backup of my website :(
    AAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! I want my website back. Boooo hoooo hoooo

So in my opinion, success depends on whether you delete your wp-content or not. And whether you have backup or not :D
    Always have something to back you up in case something goes wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  6. johnamedy

johnamedy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with Prestonp's opinion. Business is all about proper research and monitoring your consumers needs and wants...like he said you can't really sell toys designed for children between the ages of 1 to 4 to teenagers..everyone has different likes and dislikes..so finding the right product and then marketing it to the right people can lead to success for a business.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Although your post was a bit too specific, it does have a bit of good advice - Be prepared when something goes wrong, because as Murphy told us many years ago, it will. If you are prepared, you can recover from a bad situation, and your business can continue.

• Like Like x 2
  8. sunoy14

sunoy14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks joeroxx. That incident about losing my website in a second shook me like an earthquake :D

9. seoev

seoev
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I belive that there are only 3 ingredients of success:
    1) Abilities (Or Resources, or Potential);
    2) Efforts
    3) Fortune

And the success formula looks like Success = Abilities * Efforts * Fortune
    You need all 3 components be in place, because if you are missing even single component you will fail completely.

Murphy prepared law for situation when you are "prepared" :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. jaynorth

jaynorth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well success of all businesses also depends on how well a business plan has been executed. Apart from which , handling of finance also holds the center stage for every business economy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just like the basic thoughts about planning.. "If you have a Plan A, you should also be ready for your Plan B, C and so on.." :D

12. sunoy14

sunoy14
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Exactly :)

I also think that the most fundamental ingredient for success is Proper plan A, B, C, the right people and smart execution.

13. WilliamChen

WilliamChen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For running your business successfully marketing plays an important role. It’s somewhat difficult for running your business successfully without good marketing and sales techniques that’s what brings the dollars in the door. Marketing is more than simply letting people know about your products and services. Initially it is very essential to know who your targeted customers are and you need to be able to communicate to them exactly why they need what your business can provide.

14. MahaKarthi

MahaKarthi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion the success and the failure of the business depends on how one actually see and take their business. Sometimes physical expansion of the business cannot be considered as the business growth rather it can be said as just the expansion. Satisfying client is the most important thing in any business. So, client satisfaction and following a prime principle will definitely take business to the next level and it is the success of a business.

15. GregB

GregB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The thread started out with:

"Success of your business depends on..."

That's a loaded question. There are so many things that go into sustaining and growing a business that I could write a book. Service, quality, product desirability, marketing, financial management, and the list goes on and on.

One thing I know. When I worked for someone else, I had to just focus on doing my job and doing it well. As a business owner, I have to stay on top of so much more. The payoffs are fantastic though, so it's certainly worth it!

16. piapetersson

piapetersson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with the point that success of any business depends on how we satisfy our customers need. For this we need to plan right strategy to attract right audience and then to satisfy them which includes many factors.

17. MatthewOlszewski

MatthewOlszewski
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To succeed, before taking any initiative, be sure to properly prepare it. Above all you must have a good theoretical foundations, then go from theory to practice.

18. navarromarillou

navarromarillou
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Success is not always depends on the strategy that you need a business expansion or what, if you a have a good marketing output or marketing strategy maybe your business will be boom or can up into the next level.

19. chrisjohn93

chrisjohn93
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Marketing and Good Relation is one of the important factors for Sucess of your Business.

20. firsttender

firsttender
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Success of your business depends on Effective leadership is key to the success of any enterprise and asking your self these three questions like,
    Who are you as a leader?
    Who do you want to be as a leader?
    How are you stopping yourself becoming the leader you want to be?