Submit site to Google Webmaster Tools, Good or Bad .....

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by apexis, May 31, 2012.

1. apexis

apexis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many people said that submitting image or video sitemap to Google was very helpful for ranking purpose. On the other hand, also many people differ this opinion. They believed that if we submitted the site map to Google, then it would get more information about the site and if the sites doing any wrong thing or if google finds any error on the website, then it would be punished quickly compared to who did not submit their sitemap.

So, now I would like to know your opinion about Google Webmaster Tool. Should I use it or not? Please share your thoughts.

Thanks to all.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Definitely good in my opinion. Google Webmaster Tools provides quality SEO and webmaster info about your site and it is absolutely free. This can't be bad in my opinion, perhaps others will have a different view?

3. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah it's good in the sense that it'll help you figure out what's wrong with your website. What needs to be fixed and etc.

4. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can also resubmit for consideration when you think you are mistakenly hit by Google in terms of the Penguin or something else. It's on the webmaster guidelines.

• Like Like x 1
  5. garrett123

garrett123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I had a weird permissions error that caused my blog to be deindexed. I only figured it out because the errors showed up in WMT.
    On the other hand if you have sites you don't want connected to your main sites, you may not want to add all of them

6. sbb9

sbb9
    uix_expand uix_collapse

google is here to stay whether or not we like it. There are lots of useful tools in webmaster and I don't think google will punish genuine sites. Anything that helps your website improve has got to be good.

7. MartinLedley

MartinLedley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's not just a good thing, it's necessary if you want your site to rank highly. If you've made a mistake with your SEO then it can be corrected, but if you haven't tried to con Google into ranking your site you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

8. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don’t think anybody’s gonna say it’s bad...it helps in fastening your indexing speed. Moreover, it gives you brief report about errors on your website which may hinder website crawling.

About you thinking that submitting your site to GWT will have Google to find out stuff about your site; Google will find that out somehow - submission or no submission... B-)

9. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, this will make good effects on the site by the Google, then Google gives priority to that site.

10. williamluke01

williamluke01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Webmaster tools is the back bone of your whole seo program.You can identify your site error also various other issues.

11. pentawebexperts

pentawebexperts
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am agreed with Rebecca. It is not essential to submit your site on Google webmaster tool, Google always crawl websites itself if they are not submitted to GWT. Some said that sitemap allows Google to crawl the pages which you have mentioned in you sitemap. In some cases some of the webmasters do not include their some of the web site's pages in sitemap to be crawled by Google. It depends how much pages and whatever the page you like to be crawled by Google....

12. clickfund

clickfund
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its a good thing to do, but I only use that and not analytics, Google is very invasive so I only use the sitemap indexing to get a handle on what site is performing like

13. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will neither say it is good or bad. It depends on your purpose
    If you are using the webmaster tools to monitor your SEO work and result, it is one of the best tool. However, there are still some other good tools to use if you don't want to use google webmaster tools

14. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I use Webmaster Tools and Analytics and together they give you a great deal of information.

I know that some webmasters don't like to give Google direct access to that much information about their websites. I suspect that the people who are reluctant to share their data probably have something to hide, such as black hat SEO tactics, a high bounce rate or very low times spent viewing their pages. However, if a large percentage of your traffic is from search engines, then likely a large percentage is from Google. Even without adding the code for Analytics, Google probably knows more about your website than you do. Passing up the free tools in an attempt to keep Google in the dark is, in my humble opinion, a vain effort.

15. pixacompanyphil

pixacompanyphil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't hear any penalty issues regarding on submitting your website to Google Webmaster Tools. If that's happened, then I think Google has nothing to do with it because anything that is not good for Google will surely pay its price. On the other hand, submitting your sitemap to Google is not necessary unless you have troubles when it comes to making your site indexed by Google.