Struggling to make sales, could use advice.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by bovemman, Aug 30, 2016.

1. bovemman

bovemman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So on August 15, I launched Bovem, selling beard oil and beard balm. This is not my first business, I started a clothing company a few years ago that never got off the ground, and I have since gone back to college (currently pursuing a business degree). Owning/operating a business is the only thing I can see myself doing, because I've always gotten bored with every other job I've had (currently working at a real estate appraisal firm). I am very excited to finally have launched the website, and we are doing everything we can think of (FB ads, Google ads, e-mail marketing, etc.) but we are struggling on sales. We average about 40 visitors to our store per day but have only made two sales.

Does anyone have any advice, or any opinion on how the site looks, the pricing or anything else you can think of?

It would be greatly appreciated!

2. Luzmary Villegas

Luzmary Villegas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello I just visited your website and I noticed your theme is really good, the load speed was good and it's also responsive. In addition the fact you use high quality photos is really good however I found some weak points you would like to work on toward grow your business.

Reading your content I noticed you're barely targeting one keyword "beard care" and you repeat it only twice in your home page, which is the page that is supposed to drive the most traffic. Google is looking to give the users the results that better match their searches and it's important that you target more keywords in order to drive more traffic to your site and boost your page rank. You can include a Frequently Asked Questions section in your site to target a larger amount of keywords.

I also think the copywriting you use in your home page is not effective, you talk about you're not looking to sell people with over price and that you want to sell something that really works. You mention you use argan and jojoba oils as a conditioning base but you're not really telling people the advantages of your products, you can keep the idea but present it in a better way so it can be more effective! Something like:

Why Choosing Bovem?
    Our line of products for "beard care" have as base argan and jojoba oils that maintain your beard soft, add it shine, without giving it a heavy or grasy aspect, and also moisturizes the skin beneath. Shop for the "best products for beard growth and care".

The meta title is uneffective and the meta description can be improved. Discover your better self with Bovem it's not a title that target any keyword and it surely doesn't help with your rank. Your meta description could be better if you could also add more keywords related to berad care. There's such a lack of keywords in your website that I typed into the Google search box Bovem beard care and your website was ranked #3 and probably because your domain is an exact match for the word bovem.

You mentioned you use Google Adwords but I coudn't find any landing page for such advertising, if your are doing paid advertising make sure you don't send people to your home page or you'll hurt your conversion rate.

Looking forward to develop a list of leads with customers that suscribe to your newsletter, with which you will have room to make the customer value grow, you may want to keep your social media profiles updated with your 10% off offer after signing up.
    Hope you find this information valuable,
    All the best.

• Like Like x 2
    #2 Luzmary Villegas, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2016
  3. bovemman

bovemman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey thanks a lot for all of the useful information, I really appreciate you taking the time to give me your feedback. I'll definitely be working more on SEO in the upcoming week, trying to fix all of my meta tags and meta descriptions to be more in line with what you suggested. Along with implementing more keywords into my website.

Also I do have a landing page, I just wasn't linking my Adwords campaign to it, which is probably a mistake.

I might contact you in the future about some of your services.
    Thank you!

4. Luzmary Villegas

Luzmary Villegas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You're welcome, glad to hear you find useful my suggestions. These simple changes can represent positive results looking forward to grow your business.

Regarding to the landing page it's important that you have your call to action button above the fold, and it has to be accompanied by a catchy headline that introduce people to buy. The color of the call to action button also excercise influence over the customer decision, it's advisable that you use a brilliant color. You can also include another call to action button in the footer or in the middle of the landing page, as well as a countdown timer that back the idea it's a limited offer.

The copywriting also has to be improved as you don't really talk about the benefits of your product or the value you offer, you can have this amazing product but if you don't educate people on how it can help them, they won't consider buying it.

It's necessary that for each paid campaign you set a landing page to avoid having a high bounce rate(average amount of people that leaves your website without further interaction). When you send people to your home page you're not really motivating them to buy from you.

All the best.