Stimulating creative ideas

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Remotestaff, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just sharing...

I once read, from a book, a few ways on how to squeeze creative ideas in your advertising/promotions by asking yourself these questions below:

IS THERE AN IDEA...

1. in the PRODUCT NAME or LOGO?
    2. in the PRODUCT PACKAGING?
    3. in HOW the PRODUCT is MADE?
    4. in WHERE the PRODUCT is MADE?
    5. in the PRODUCT's HISTORY?
    6. in the PRODUCT's OLD ADVERTISING?
    7. in SOMETHING that's HAPPENING AROUND YOUR BUSINESS LANDSCAPE?
    8. in showing WHAT HAPPENS WITH THE PRODUCT?
    9. in showing WHAT HAPPENS WITHOUT THE PRODUCT?
    10. in showing what happens WITH and WITHOUT THE PRODUCT IN THE SAME AD?
    11. in WHERE the AD WILL RUN, e.g. medium where the ad will be placed?

Hope this can be of use to others here

2. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well most creative ideas are the one that comes out from nowhere..i.e at the click of the moment or strike the mind as a thought at the speed of light....But for that too you have to feed your mind with just the right input.. I think the above mentioned steps will help you to prepare your mind to generate creative ideas....;)

3. oneplace

oneplace
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Those are really good questions to ask yourself!

I am a fan, though, of creative brainstorming with others. The more people from different backgrounds you have in a room, the more ideas you could potentially generate. Then, you can run though that list of questions together and see if it sparks any more.

4. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like the ideas especially of gaining some mileage from the product history and old advertising. There's so much you can glean from the past that it's crazy to dismiss what's gone before. If nothing else the old advertising will give you some insight into what worked and what didn't. Good post! :)

5. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well brainstorming or sharing ideas always works for me specially when i am stuck some where a discussion with another person brings fresh perspective and ideas which more than often ends up solving the problem.

6. Lingua21

Lingua21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also enjoy brainstorming to generate new ideas but to my mind there are few ideas that could be considered completely original. Sometimes it can be more beneficial to look at what other business are doing and seeing if you can pinch some of their ideas or expand/improve on what they do. The Chinese are brilliant at doing this and have been seen to reap the rewards time and time again.

I particularly gain benefit in mixing in with harsh critics who are ruthless in attacking what we do. This process can open up new ideas and help plug any holes. I suppose that this mentality stems from working in IT for many years when I had a reputation for being a bit of a devil's advocate and a perfectionist. It was necessary to have this form of mindset in order to minimise any potential problems.

Mike Dove

7. rapidbilling

rapidbilling
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello friends,

Hey Remotestaff... I just love your post..!! Its amazing.. you are absolutely right that by asking such questions to yourself you can get many good ideas..!! And generally I saw that when you are doing brain storming you get good stuff..!!

Its really worth reading.. Many thanks to you for sharing such a nice information..!!

8. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You're quite welcome, mate. Glad to have shared some handy insights :)

9. WebWizard

WebWizard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is just great review! Always great to ask yourself these questions before getting feedback on your projects. great post friend!

10. Remotestaff

Remotestaff
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Glad to have shared this with you

11. jrobconsult

jrobconsult
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Take creative ideas from other industries and apply them to yours. They often work better in the new industry.