Still Not Getting Enough Traffic

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by JamesD31, Jul 28, 2010.

1. JamesD31

JamesD31
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ok, well I still want to build the traffic on my gaming website! What are the best ways of doing so, besides advertising?

I do use StumbleUpon (and do get big bursts of traffic from them!) though that is only randomly and once a month it seems. I tried to use Digg, yet no-one ever seems to Digg my posts (it is not the content, since other Diggers get 600+ posts for a single game that I probably posted as well).

Does anyone know how to actually work Digg and get people to Digg your story?

Though, besides those, I have a Facebook account (only 230 fans) yet probably not much traffic from there, twitter is the same deal. Anyone know though how to boost my traffic even more? Please be helpful and share all of your ideas and thoughts :)

Thanks!

2. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As regards Digg I think you should search for people who digg similar stories and add them as friends. Then go to their profile and add their friends too. When you post a new story click on the "share" button and send it to all your friends, asking them to digg and share it.

Now re your website. I've run searches for some of your keywords and your website doesn't show up anywhere among the first 100 results, except of course when I searched for "gaming all night". I suggest that you implement an effective linkbuilding plan using these keywords. ( Forum posting, blog commenting, article writing, etc.)

3. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What about Twitter, have you set up an account there? You could always run some kind of contest and promote it via there and Facebook too.

That's the only other suggestion I have to add to junglekid's linkbuilding suggestions. ( Forum posting, blog commenting, article writing, etc.) All are good. Making your presence felt on a big gaming forum by contributing helpful posts is where I'd start out of those.

Isn't adding people as friends like that on Digg out the blue a bit spammy? I rarely use Digg so could be wrong. That may be common practice. I would go add a comment on one of their own Diggs first at least before I did that so my name would be familiar.

4. JamesD31

JamesD31
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In regards to adding friends on Digg, I believe that is now a common practice. I have read that else-were and hence why I have started doing that same process. Yet, I can't share the link to my friends? I have tried, and when I click "share" it only does a little drop down with a link to it, and three buttons for Email, Facebook and Twitter. So any other idea how that "sharing" to friends works?

I do have a Twitter account, yet that is kind of on the back-burners for now since Twitter isn't helping me out as much as Facebook was.

5. mackey

mackey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Below are some of the methods that we are using in generating traffic and marketing:
    -----------------------
    Facebook:
    1. Add people/send friend request using the "Are You Interested" application
    2. Creating of the website's own Group and then invite your contacts to (join) the group

Twitter:
    1. Use keywords on your profile that is related to your website/business (ie; "#dating, #travel)
    2. Share links on your profile, while talking about non-business too.

6. JamesD31

JamesD31
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks mackey will try those out, especially the twitter ideas. Still wondering if anyone knows how to make Digg sharing with Digg friends successful? Because I still can't figure that out and not sure if they changed how Digg works or not!

7. maxacer

maxacer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How did you get stumble upon to work for you? I tried for a business I am doing marketing for and haven't been successful.

8. JamesD31

JamesD31
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1) always stumble other stuff then one URL.. because if u keep stumbling only your own URL then it will block ur URL from being stumbled, so just downlaod the toolbar and go through, have a good ratio like 5:1 (others to yours).

Um, also there is no pure trick, you will get some times, like once a month for me, that you will get a boost of stumblers - and that is how stumbleupon works. There are ways to try to get around it and be like a "pro" stumbleupon member but idk..

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

James, I'm not a big user of Digg, but they removed their shout facility some time ago, they now ask that their users share their links via Twitter and FaceBook. I don't think it's still possible to share links to your friends on Digg, however someone with more knowledge of Digg may correct me on that.

10. JamesD31

JamesD31
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is what I feel has happened, which I guess was made to prevent spamming and abuse of the system. I still have to figure out how to get more people to start to digg the games more, since mine just seem to make the latest diggs and then drops off (where another site I know gets 600+ diggs for almost the exact same games).

11. Lorence Merk

Lorence Merk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are so many reasons why a particular website is not getting enough topic. You have to figure out if your site is valuable enough to visitors like if you are providing enough information have great content posted in your site. You also need to have focus keywords so it would be easy to find your site in major search engines like Google and Yahoo.

12. geeksonrepair

geeksonrepair
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have to focus with content based techniques .Do Blogging,Guest post,forum posting,Press release for get better and quick results.Its really helpful for you.But make sure that Your content should be unique and informative.

13. eonline24news

eonline24news
    uix_expand uix_collapse

have you tried PPC for your gaming website? and Social Media Marketing is the best way to boost the traffic and Affiliate Marketing as well.

14. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It seems you are targeting social networks which is pretty effective to get traffic to any web page. For facebook you should start sharing your links in related groups which should give you good exposure, reddit can also be very useful. You can join communities on google plus as well and repeat the same process which is mentioned for facebook groups.

15. Lorence Merk

Lorence Merk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you only after social media traffic? If yes, then you must establish your reputation as well which is not easy as it is. You can start with always updating your page in any social media page, interact with other users related to your niche, invite people to follow you and follow people who might be your target audience.