Sticky navigation bar

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by Razor, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Razor

Razor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

example.png

I was really bored, so I thought I'd make a visual. Basically, the sticky navigation bar (as I'm sure you're aware) does some weird things. At first, when it touches, you get that odd symbol with 3 sliders on it. I don't know what that's supposed to do; it redirects you to the homepage. If you scroll down a bit more, the "Mark Forums Read" line disappears, but it looks like it's not supposed to. Maybe it's intentional, to make the navigation bar not take up too much of the screen. But it looks like it's just being overlapped my the main body.

I thought I'd just point those out. If they're all intentional, then making this image this was still a good way to kill time! It probably looks a bit confusing, but if you stare at it for a while, it'll all make sense.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I know it's been a while since this thread was started, but I was bored too, so I decided to check it out. I also do not know what the sliders are for, but I have a possible explanation for the disappearing "Mark Forums Read" Line. That line appears to be a drop-down navigation bar that takes a member to different places to either do something within the forum or to organize specific forum threads or posts in one place. You can either "Mark Forums Read" or "Search Forums". Or, you can view your "Watched Forums", "Watched Threads" or all "New Posts" all on the same page. Once you scroll down, if you are within the forum itself, the navigation bar disappears. However, if you click on one of the items in the navigation bar, once you get there, it converts to a conventional drop-down menu, just like the "Bank" and "Members" selections have.

3. Nerdie

Nerdie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'll read this over and reply shortly. Sorry for the delay.