Steps to Being Succesful

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by JBMedia, Mar 3, 2010.

1. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So I attended a seminar last night regarding real estate foreclosures and tax liens on housing institutions and how you can leverage such things to turn lump sums of profits. The seminar had some interesting points to it, but to me, the most interesting points were the general sayings that the speaker had said, which had absolutely nothing to do with real estate.

I completely agree with these things that I'm planning on putting down, so it doesn't hurt to consider these yourself. I figured I would share them with you.

1. You create your own success. What this means is you can't be expecting other people to make your success story. Anyone that is successful, other than people who were born wealthy, always have to do things on their own. This is fine in my opinion, it makes you an independent person, and above all other things, it teaches you how to manage what you need to manage in order to be successful.

2. When going into an opportunity that you feel will financially help you out, don't think like the normal "pay-check to pay-check" people would think. This type of thinking would be, how much is it going to cost? Really you never want to be thinking like that, because that just puts a stutter in your dreams. The real question you need to ask yourself regarding any type of venture is "How much will it make me". And believe it or not, that is how most wealthy people approach new opportunities.

3. Tell yourself you're wealthy and that you're succesful. You might not feel that it's true, but a lot of wealthy people got to that point by engraving such things in their head. If you constantly are telling yourself that you're wealthy and succesful, you will eventually start believing it, and that's a great mindset to have. It makes you a lot more optimistic about opportunities.

4. Surround yourself by people who are succesful. Some of you might tell me that this one is quite obvious. But a lot of people know this trick, but never apply it. If you hang out with a bunch of stoners, what do you think you're eventually going to be doing? Owning a business? More than likely not. Consider it like this. When you're around a lot of people who are either succesful or trying their hardest to reach that success, it will make you want to reach success so much more as well. Start surrounding yourself with people who want to be succesful.

Overall, none of these tips will be of any use if you yourself do not have the drive to do what needs to be done in order to become succesful. I hope you guys liked these points, they are all mental points, yet these mental points can help you out a lot in your own success dreams.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Great tips there JBMedia, thanks for sharing them with us, they will be helpful to anyone who applies them. Point 4 reminds me of the old phrase that goes along the lines of "if you sit in a barber shop long enough, you will get your hair cut". It's important to be aware of your environment, the people around you and the stimuli that you allow into your mind.

3. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This one keeps me driving forward.

My little girl tells me everyday "daddy your a genius". Kids have a great way of giving you energy. I remember this all the time and know in my mind I am.. I have to prove her right. It inspires me to think differently and to not accept failure.

4. ShawnLim

ShawnLim
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i definitely like point no.2.

that is absolutely true. many people have been conditioned that after their schools, they must
    find a job and settle down until they're old.

if you think of it this way, you'll never be financially successful. you can find a job and work for
    people, but take it as a paid-to-learn opportunity.

5. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Same here. I like number two. Sometimes it's not all about money. But it's how you love your job and everything will be more than the paycheck itself for the job.

6. rapidbilling

rapidbilling
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all......
    Nice tips on personal success....

I feel there are six main things to get the success in your life...:
    1. Clear Goal of your life
    2. Passion to achieve your Goals
    3. Encouragement from your parents and dear ones.
    4. Self Confidence
    5. Time Management
    6. Dedication regarding your work.

7. ronalde.barron

ronalde.barron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I completely agree with your post, all point you have mentioned are truly right and best guideline to follow and become successful business personality

8. ladynwite

ladynwite
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's really good advice, but sometimes it's really hard when you
    advertise your biz for hours a day and don't get any results.
    Oh well..I'll never give up though.

9. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Perhaps you need to change something, sometimes a small change can make a very big difference. Please feel free to start a new thread with some questions to get feedback on your advertising or your business offer and we will do our best to help you.

10. SummEr101

SummEr101
    uix_expand uix_collapse

patience is a virtue plus dash it with perseverance and honesty and that’s it. That is the recipe of being successful.

11. bmk

bmk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hay t

I think that all these tips and things which had been discussed up til now,looks that these were the scattered pages of a book which you all bind together again.
    I have a question from all of you, that what should a person should do, when he want to do some thing but he confused in setting his goal in life.
    Every thing he see ,he thinks he can do then how one can make a decision

please help me out in this thing
    :)

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

First thing would be to ask yourself what you enjoy doing bmk and what you are passionate about. Do you know what that is, or would you like some suggestions on how to find that out?

13. rebecca16

rebecca16
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great tips, but i have a problem with one point i.e surrounding yourself with more successful people,i end up getting awed by them and it makes me feel worse.

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've sometimes felt like that myself rebecca16. However, try to look at successful people from the point of view of what you can learn from them and as a motivating factor in terms of what you too could achieve. Most successful people are willing to help and advise others to help them too become successful.

15. bmk

bmk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello

Hay Fergal,
    I hope that you will be all right and enjoying life as well.
    So as you have replied my post, so i love to answer you and its that I always enjoys management, and the marketing field.
    I have a much interest in making advertisemnts and promote my product in the way the one only about it
    i have worked in an advertisement agency as an internee but they did not give me a chance to serve them,but its not an end,I believe that every ending is not actually ending its the new beginning.
    so i am doing MBA and its my last semester in augest I will be free.
    But as i am seeking the current envoirement its gives a different glimpse that MBA is not enough, i have to do some thing extra to compete the challenging envoirement but i am not getting any thing to do after my MBA
    please help me out in this matter

16. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know many people including success and those still find the way to get success. That's interesting that those people "not yet" success can tell you many "theory" on how to get success, I mean it is real theory that we can find from the book, they have good knowledge. The main reason is they are weak in implementing and some of them fail to fail, without practice or try, we can never success

17. robertgilbart

robertgilbart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. Let go of the past. Act and apply in the present and shape up the future
    2. Utilize your failures as a guide towards success
    3. Do not try. Just do it.
    4. Make a list of your dreams. No matter how hard they might be to achieve, just sit down and write all your dreams down.
    5. Make a list of your goals and think how you can achieve them
    6. Use negative feedback and criticism to your advantage and better yourself
    7. If you want to be successful in someone else's game (if you have a boss), play by their rules or create your own game.
    8. Make a list of your values. What do you value most and build your success upon them
    9. Keep personal time separate from business time.
    10. Your success depends on your failures as well as your achievements.

18. haramarcuse

haramarcuse
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for sharing this wonderful tips.Having a positive attitude and passion on what you do will really drive you to success. Also, if you posses a marketable talent then you have the edge to start your own business.

19. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

"4. Surround yourself by people who are succesful. Some of you might tell me that this one is quite obvious. But a lot of people know this trick, but never apply it. If you hang out with a bunch of stoners, what do you think you're eventually going to be doing? Owning a business? More than likely not. Consider it like this. When you're around a lot of people who are either succesful or trying their hardest to reach that success, it will make you want to reach success so much more as well. Start surrounding yourself with people who want to be succesful."

This is i like the most. It is just reflection of "being blessed i good one but sharing blessing to others is most important thing". So if you're a successful one try to help other so that they will be successful same as with you. Nice post.

20. vijo

vijo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do not step back from the job at hand when fear subsides in you. This is one of my favorite thought for success.