Starting Web Business Questions

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by bpkz, May 16, 2013.

1. bpkz

bpkz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Everyone!

I am planning to start a web-business in some time. It has been a year since I first started to plan my web-page and soon design process will start. Basically the webpage will be like Ebay but specially designed for my country with some major differences. This is my first project, I am pretty good with planning and basically I have the idea and the capital to make it happen. My question is that, when the webpage is ready to run, what should be my marketing strategy. I already have planned to make some phone calls, get involved in social media and so on. The thing I am wondering is, who would start using a webpage when its empty. I mean consider a webpage like Ebay, I will do my best to fill the webpage with customers but I am not pretty sure on how people will start using it. I believe that even to catch one customer to use the webpage, there should be some activity going on. I have some potential customers, who I think will use my webpage because it would simply suit their needs. But even at that point, how do you make someone use your webpage without it being used by other people?
    Will calling people, sending e-mails doing this and that trying to catch customers with some specific futures and some good advertisements work for a new created web-business.
    I'm pretty new in this and wanted to get some opinion or ideas about this issue.
    Any help is appreciated.

2. bpkz

bpkz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One more thing that I have been curious about. Let's consider that my webpage is being used everyday by its customers having some amount of traffic everyday. Other than some profit strategies that can be used in webpages like ebay (ex: first page listings or making items show up in more visible locations etc.) what would be the other ways to earn some money with that traffic. I mean, would a web-page with traffic always bring profit just because of the fact that it is being used by people everyday?

3. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thats a very Good question.

To attract visitors on the website you need to have items on the website.

When you start the business I think take some products from Ebay and other websites and post on your website.

You will need a data entry team who can go to different websites and take the item and post on your website with seller details.

This will let other competitors to post on your website when they know that there competitor is posting on your website.

This will increase products and users on the website.

U need to give initial push by yourself.

What else you can do is get the contact info of sellers on other website and contact them to advertise on your website.

Once PR of your website is improved automatically people will start posting.