Starting Production at Home

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Jimut, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Jimut

Jimut
    uix_expand uix_collapse

After some planning I came up with the idea of making audio amplifiers for my business. I got no problem with making the circuit design as I am a electronics hobbyist, but I stuck here at the production part, there are many things that I can't build at home (like the chassis), even if I can I gotta make equipment.
    I am on a low budget I can get to production companies as they don't intend to take small orders. Also I don't even know any of them.
    Also I can't get many materials that I need to make parts, like I can make pcb at home but can't get the solder mask at small quantity.

What should I do? :(

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have an idea in mind, maybe an innovation. You probably can create just one and then demonstrate it to pitch it to some entrepreneurs to invest for massive production.

I've read it somewhere in this forum back then I can't remember the thread but he did innovate a simple product and i believe pitching is just what he did and later his product was on the market.

3. Jimut

Jimut
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No its not a innovative product I can't put it on kickstarter. My products specialty is low cost.
    And how can I give ad without making the product?

4. RoseAb

RoseAb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some companies will give you a free sample if you tell them you are trying to make prototype of a new business idea. Call the companies that have the material and parts that you need and tell them your situation. They might want to help you because after you start your company you will be their best customer.

5. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would suggest you to decide on one product that even companies could provide attention to. Think different and creative. Do something which no one has ever done and that is the way for you to move up.

6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's very difficult to make the electronic product in small volume, the final cost you spend cant never beat the factory due to the volume.
    If you really want to do the homemade audio amplifiers, then you gotta be doing something different compare to the market product, such as modification or improvement. Or get the project such as set up a studio or something related to audio amplifiers, just my suggestion

7. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try selling your idea first - and that's where you can start getting funds for your kickstart product which your financier could test if it's going to be profitable.

Regards,
    Mark

8. Aleena

Aleena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi
    I think it's a great idea you can even start your own shop so that more and more people know about your innovations. You can also start a YouTube channel of your own and also use other social media marketing sites like facebook, twitter and instagram.

9. MikePeterson

MikePeterson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is a good idea to make equipment at your home if you are able to do that. You have to meet to some good entrepreneur and tell them about your product, also that it is starting days of your business. You have to make popularity of your product, you can initially start with some good social networking sites.

10. Astrid2

Astrid2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

this is quite good idea, you may wanna ask some big company to be a sponsor for your inovation :)

11. Mark Robinson

Mark Robinson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you. You can open your own shop and I think, you should first try to repair some electronic products as people will know about you then you can make innovative product and show them your talent. Try to start from ground.