Starting my business - marketing SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by migz1234, Oct 1, 2014.

1. migz1234

migz1234
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys. So here's the situation. I have a photography business that I am starting up. The website is www.ilaganphotography.com. I am currently optimizing the website and it has had many hits. However, I'm not quite sure how 'relevant' these hits are. So I guess I need a way of tracking that. I have put up a few articles about photography to start with. So I guess I'm not sure how to 'track progress'. Any help? The visitors are increasing, so I must be doing something right.

Also, I am wanting to use youtube to help sell my services. I want to distribute a flyer to businesses around my area I think that might be interested in photography services, such as for commercial/product photography and put a link there to my youtube video so they can see what I do. Is this a good idea?

Much appreciated for your feedback.

2. Rumsfo

Rumsfo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You gotta’ have a blog built into your website. A blog allows you to easily create single page posts about events, specials, tips, and company information to your website visitors. Not only do you get the benefit of keeping your website content fresh, you are also creating new content that search engines are on the lookout for. It’s a big win-win. A blog post every week is great for entrepreneurs, but once every two weeks or even once a month will still serve you well.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

He does have a blog. The entire site appears to be a blog, with the actual business being a secondary goal.

Miguel:

The above comment tells you what the problem is. Your visitors may be increasing but are they looking for a blog about photography, or are they looking to hire a photographer? If your goal is to have a photography business, with people hiring you to take pictures, then that should be reflected in your website. Right now, your blog is on the homepage, where it doesn't belong. If you want to know what an actual photographer's website should look like, take a look at some of your competitors. I Googled "Auckland photographers" and was impressed with a couple of the listings on the first page. Take a look at these photograhers' sites, for which I have included the rankings:

Jessica Photography ranked #1

Justin Aiken Photographer ranked #4

Timeless Images Photography ranked #7

To track your visitors, you should install Google's Webmaster Tools, but you need to fix the website first, to make sure these visitors are "relevant", and are actually looking to hire a photographer.

4. Gautam

Gautam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Intro Update

Did you install google analytics, bing analytics tracking code in your website?

Gautam Bhalla

Technical Consultant
    Business Revitalizers

#4 Gautam, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014