Starting Link Building

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Fermo, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Fermo

Fermo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi there:
    What is the "correct" way to make link building? Already tried to do some linking in forums, comments, directories, but most of them are no-follow, how can I get quality links to my site? without paying for it?

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

You can't.

Or to be more accurate, it takes a lot of time and effort to build the sort of links that will make a difference. Google is getting much better at filtering out the dross so you need to work a lot harder. What Google wants is really great websites with useful, informative and interesting content that stands out above the rest. Any links you have should be citations for that content. Getting these citations isn't easy - which is why you often need to pay someone with the skills and knowledge to get them for you.

3. abhi_garg

abhi_garg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to know what link building technique are you looking?

4. Fermo

Fermo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ouch! I guess that's the way to go then, create quality content and spread it to get citations, the company I work for is not into pay for any directory or even ADS, despite I asked for it. wish me luck! and thanks for the answer.

5. Fermo

Fermo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi abhi_garg, The primary target would be text citations, I'm really not sure what are the white hat existent techniques, the documents I have read is all about the same, guest blogging, reviewing other services, paying directories, and finding related pages to post on it, and I don't have idea what technique would be the best for my niche (Hospitality, Hotel, beach resort), and as fisicx says, is hard to find and even harder to get the links, I have seen a lot of services on the web that promise quality backlinks, but I can bet is fake.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Guest blogging may bring traffic, and can increase your authority, but will not have much of a direct effect on your ranking. It would depend on the authority and popularity of the blog to which your guest post was submitted(by the way, I did not include the word "it" on the quote above because it is unnecessary. Technically, it is still not grammatically correct, but it's the way people talk, so for most people, saying "to post on" rather than "on which to post" is acceptable). Although the manner in which you obtain links has changed, links are still the most important factor in increasing your ranking. I don't know why "reviewing other services" was suggested, I've never heard that. Paying directories is definitely wrong. "Finding related pages to post on" refers to writing articles and submitting them to websites related to your niche. You can also share your articles on social media, and possibly get others to link to you(the citations fisicx mentioned earlier).
    Most often, these links probably are fake, so I wouldn't suggest buying them. It may not be easy to get links, doing things the right way means the links you get will be more valuable.

7. Fermo

Fermo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the advice. I'll work hard at it. any other suggestions?

8. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Pay for advertising.

SEO is becoming less and less important. Some reports show that under 5% of all website traffic comes from the searches. More and more traffic comes from direct marketing, social media, emails, advertising and so on.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. RH-Calvin

RH-Calvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I suggest to use good content to post on some Web2.0 blogs to build high quality backlinks. Also contextual backlinks from already existing content on a webpage is considered good for ranking your keywords in Google searches.

10. jeffscott

jeffscott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link building is not always relying on submission of links but it starts within your site pages on how they perform on the web especially for the target audience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. flash1

flash1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that the main priority to get traffic is...your content. Relevant, fresh content. SEO is a must. But....don't write your content for seo, write for people. I mean, don't put 45 keywords in one sentence :). You need to use H1 H2 headings, and properly name your pictures.
    Second - your site speed. It is very, very important if you want Google to love your site. Optimize site for speed and for a mobile searches. Because over 45% of searches come from mobile devices. Even google adapted their search engine for "mobile search first".

#11 flash1, Jul 26, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2018