Starting Business

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Austin01, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Austin01

Austin01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is it possible to start a business without registering for a few months or so in the US? Collect funds and such?

I'm starting a company for online products, however the costs to register are through the roof at this point and I simply can't afford to pay it before starting.

Anyone willing to shed light to this, it's much appreciated.

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if this is the case, i wouldnt recommend you to use the company name due to it is not registered. You can actually use your personal name at this moment, only use the company name after you register

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you already have a company for online products to start with, using your company name may give you a lot of risk. First, if you choose to not register yet and use your company - and then decided to register the company since you already have enough funds for it, you will be or might be questioned for late registration and may cost you more bucks than you ever expected.

You can primarily use your name first instead of the company name, and probably offer it online probably via your blog for the meantime. When you have enough funds, then that would that would be the best time for you to start your company through it's own website.

4. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Starting your current work as a freelancer and then with advancement you can plan out to register a company. Maybe the profits now will be a little less but then this is the only option left with less budget. And it is not even advisable to cheat with laws. One more option is that you can go for partnership with someone who is ready to invest in your ideas. But be careful to tie up with an honest person. Or else at the end you will be dealing with the same problem with a little more experience.

And also if you can share some details about your business then we can help you further in detail.

Sahil

5. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A lot of company fail to register their businesses but this may come in a pricey expense later like trademark disputes, tax problems, or name changes. You might want to consider registering if you are making a company.

6. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

A business can be a sole proprietorship. Unlike a corporation, a limited liability company or other more formal business entity, a sole proprietorship does not require registration with the state. If you simply start a business without forming a statutory entity, you are automatically a sole proprietorship (or a general partnership, if there is more than one owner).

In some cases, a local business license is required, but that is not usually the case for an online business. Also, if your business is operating under a business name other than your own personal name, you usually have to file an application to conduct business under an assumed name. In most states, that is done at the county level, but it varies from state to state. There is usually a modest fee, but in some states there is also a requirement that a legal notice be published in a local newspaper, which can add to the cost.

7. glitchkids

glitchkids
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I dunno man....this sounds like seriously risky stuff here. If I were you, I would be very very careful. Good Luck!

8. Austin01

Austin01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm aware this is risky, that's why I'm not fond of really perusing it.

For those that want to know, it's a software company much like XenForo for example.

Another question I pose is could I sell the product as if it is not a buisness, and register when funds are sufficient and we have clientele?

9. andrewclives

andrewclives
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is good idea that you are going to start a business in a United States and If yo u are interested in online business then first of all you should make a website of your business.You can get the loan from banks or other financial companies for your business.There are many ways to make a website and some web designer provides this facilities at low price rate.

10. JohnBush

JohnBush
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Calculate how much available capital you'll use to start your small business. The more money you have, the wider your options for the type of small business you can start. Consider getting a business loan at a local bank if you have the credit and the means to pay it back. As always, don't dedicate money to the small business that you can't afford to lose in regards to your household budget.

Invoice Factoring UK