Starting Business and Shipping Problem.

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by AKang47, Nov 14, 2011.

1. AKang47

AKang47
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, well I'm new to business since I'm only 14 years old, but anyways.

I currently dropship some products to my eBay customers, but I'm looking to increase my profit.

I'm into fixed gear bicycles and they are really popular right now.

I wanted to order some from China and maybe set up a brick and mortar store
    (not online since shipping bikes is too expensive) or something on Craigslist, where I can have them pick it up.

However, the bike costs $185 and shipping is $175. With that cost in total, I will barely make any profit. Are there any ways I can negotiate or get cheaper shipping from China to U.S?

Also, can you recommend me some ways to sell my product? I'm going to set up a website and get some SEO done on it but is it hard to set up a small business?

Thanks.

2. BusinessStories

BusinessStories
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To get cheaper shipping, see if you can't get a bulk deal (ship a bunch at a time) This will most likely save you money.

As far as starting a business goes, there are several forms you need to fill out and get approved. You need a seller's license, city business license, county business license, and state business license.
    You can hire a business adviser for $200 to do all of the paperwork.

3. sallya121

sallya121
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The chapest ship is by sea.If you can buy more ,of course the cost of shippment is less.

4. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The above have advised the best. Shipping in bulk would save money and that would require to be brought in via sea route. Although it may not be as quick as DHL but will save you a lot. Ordering in bulk requires you to have a place where you could store the products and also be able to pay for them while ordering. If you have the capacity to store all these items and also be able to pay for the bulk then have a go for it as it will surely save you much more.