Starting an SEO business

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by jossef, Jan 31, 2011.

1. jossef

jossef
    uix_expand uix_collapse

After good research on how to effectively promote my website online and increase my income, I reached some great info that recommend SEO as the best marketing strategy.

Some think that it is a huge task, hard to learn subject and must be a professional to do it.

It is not.

SEO is really simple and every webmaster can do it for his website, not only that but after getting to Google first page, or even first result, it is easy to convince other webmasters that you are an expert and you can do the same for them.

This way you can start your own SEO business.

But first you need to do so.

So here are my tips:

Keyword research, find some good long tail search terms that people use to reach websites related to yours.

Optimize your website all your pages each page to different search term. Use title tags, description tags, heading and related content.

Then start building Mass links to your pages, main and sub-pages using the search terms as your anchor text.

Do not worry about Google punish you for Mass link building, it will not happen, but do not in any way buy links from any service.

There are services that help you submit articles to thousands of blogs and directories. It work and it does not mean you are buying links. There are also software that can help submit content to different sites like directories and social media sites. It is also recommended.

Do not use:
    Blog commenting software
    Search engine submission software or services
    Do not waste time on low PR (lower than 4) websites directories, unless you can feature your site in the main page of the directory or on the main page of the category.
    Do not build directories inside your site for link exchange.

DO:
    publish a blog in your website, make it a sub-domain if your website is an HTML.
    if you cannot post new posts to your blog, use auto generated content so your blog get unique related content at least twice a week.

Use social media sites, and macro-blogging to talk about your site and your pages at least once a day.

I promise you will reach Google first page or even first result if you get a winning search term.

Good luck

I also want to recommend siquidoo, also you can find some great squidoo lenses about link building and SEO like this one
    http://www.squidoo.com/one-way-link-building

2. hetalhet

hetalhet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for tips and other things..

I am agrre with your Dos and Don'ts mostly..
    but not agree with..
    because Google punish for over mass link building if backlinks look unworthy and non related. I have seen such penalty last year with one of my client's site.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Actually, not every webmaster can. Many of them think they know how,and they make a mess that a professional needs to clean up. I would also not recommend that people learn how to do SEO on their own site, and then claim that they are now an expert. the SEO industry already has enough problems with the existing "experts", we don't need amateurs muddying the waters.

I agree with this. You've got the three basic steps down. One thing that professionals may be able to do better is to find the terms that will bring more buyers to your site, rather than people doing research. Also, I would not refer to link buklding as "Mass link building". The reason why is discussed in more detail below.

Good list of Do's and Don't's, although I would not recommend auto-generated content of any kind. If you are going to have a blog, you have to take the responsibility of adding content to it.

Wrong - don't ever promise someone they will get to Google's first page, and definitely do not promise they will get to first result on the first page. No one, not even a professional, can promise a specific result, and no reputable professional would!

Hetalhet makes a good point. Any linking to a website has to look natural. If too many links are going to the site, Google will know it is artificial, and will penalize the site for it. Having sais that, however, the links can still come from a variety of articles, blog entries, etc., and the sites they come from do not have to be related to the site they are going to. As long as the phrase being used as a link occurs naturally within the article or blog entry, it will be accepted.

4. freelancemom

freelancemom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Links do often come in spurts legitimately. Viral blog posts or tweets for example... press releases that are picked up well. So the key, I feel is who the sources of those links are from. Are they relevant to your content, and are the sources well-trusted?

5. pradeepkoneru

pradeepkoneru
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is really simple and every webmaster can do it for his website, not only that but after getting to Google first page, or even first result, it is easy to convince other webmasters that you are an expert and you can do the same for them.

6. jossef

jossef
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If google do so for webmasters who build mass links to their websites, It will be a miss out there, I have 3 software that generate links (I use them to build link wheels and sometimes direct inks to my pages) and I am a member with other 2 services that submit my artices to more than 3000 blogs and directories at once.

If I use those softawre and services to build 10,000 or even more to My competitor website to make Googe remove it, I will reach First resuts by removing all my competitors. It has no logic.

One thing I know for sure, Google can Identify some services that sell links, and It can identify where it puts the links. This way if you buy links from such services you will be panned.

Othere than that, if some webmasters report to Google team that you are spamming, and using black hat strategies to build links, only then an editor from Google Team will review your site, your backlinks source and could remove your site from Google.

7. jossef

jossef
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks You have added a lot value to my post, but
    Sometimes I can promise, I did this descusion in other forum, And proved my point. others asked me to get a page to Google first page.
    I wrote a page on squidoo about "Link building" Choose a good Search term "One way link building" Then after only 2 months, I put this page on Google first page, and soon I will make it a first result.

It take time, hard work but It is very possible

8. saniathomas

saniathomas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very good post about do's and dont's of SEO. But you need to be good seo professional for doing it. One must also know the ethical SEO Techniques for this.

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You did a good job getting youir squidoo page to page one of Google in only two months, but, your page on sqiudoo is an article, and as I mentioned in another section of this forum, blogs and articles are promoted in different ways than a website for someone selling a product or service. What happens when you promise someone you can get them to page 1, and you don't get them there in what they think is a reasonable period of time? You are right, it is possible to get to page 1 of Google with time and hard work, but it does not happen every time. If you promise someone you can get them to page 1 of Google, and it doesn't happen in 4 or 5 months, do you come up with reasons that they interpret as "excuses"? It is much better to be honest and up-front with a client from the beginning, rather than make promises that may or may not come true.
    I also noticed that another reader has picked up on your idea that someone can get their website to the top of page one on Google, and then offer their services to others, claiming to be an "expert". This bothers me, as I mentioned before, because the SEO marketing industry already has a questionable reputation, and claims like this don't help.

#9 Joseph.Shivell, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  10. girdharkumar

girdharkumar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

this is a nice post for do seo business. this post will help for start a seo business .

11. RevaxMedia

RevaxMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is the bad side of the SEO industry, the entry level is so low so people like you can come accross and give bad advice, giving the SEO industry a bad name selling snake oil. Can you list any website or keyword you have ranked for in a competitive market?

12. jamessmith4152

jamessmith4152
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Starting your own SEO business is an exciting new adventure. This is the first of a series of tips, steps, lessons, and tutorials on how to start your own SEO business. One of the many aspects of starting out as an SEO is finding clients. We’ve put together a list of five steps to start getting new clients, both for the near-term and long-term.

1) Get a website or a blog – If you don’t have one already, the fastest and easiest way to start is with a blog. With a blog, not only can you blog, but you can also add pages, such as a “services” page, “contact” page, etc. Buy a domain and get a web host, and host your own WordPress blog. This way all of your blog posts contribute to the content and indexing of your own domain that you can take with you even if you change web hosts. Make sure clients can easily email and call you, show that you are a real person. Don’t plaster your picture all over your site, because it’s not about you. Don’t forget to blog on your new blog. Blogging helps you learn as you think of what to blog about. Sometimes you can just start with an idea you might have from reading another blog post and continue the discussion. Lee Odden suggests starting by blogging about your niche specialty and even submitting to some of the SEO news sites.

thanks

13. Fortnode

Fortnode
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice tutorial, I agreed with most of it, especially with the importance of blogging (with your own blog and outside blogs). Definitely agree that SEO is one of the top necessities with any business, especially with businesses that are just starting up!

14. SaraMartin01

SaraMartin01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Instead of doing mass link building, one should be focused on doing quality link building.. Google has evolved now and they can see what you are doing off the site. Don't try to manipulate rankings by getting overwhelming link overnight. All of them should look generic and should be quality ones.

15. MariaGomes

MariaGomes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To start a SEO business, You need to decide your niche well.

16. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm sorry? Wouldn't SEO be your niche?