Starting an E-Book

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by JPM, Jul 17, 2011.

1. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am considering staring to write an E Book at some point in the future, my chosen topic is what led me to do this, so I do not need any help there.

However, I would like some help with finding help online. Do you know of any good 'publishers' that may take a slice of the revenue but will help promote it and sell it for you?

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You might consider amazon, they are one of the best publisher for book

3. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Didn't even think of them to be honest, thanks Sigma.

Does anyone know of any tools for helping 'structure' a book?

4. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I could help you. I'm well established at some forums and I sell ebooks all the time.

One place I'm not too established at is WF and that is a great place to make money. Imran could help you but he takes 50% of revenue.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Warrior Forums do you mean Jerlene?

6. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes. You need to spend money to make money over there but it's worth it.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is the topic you are going to tackle haven't tackled before?

8. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, what is it about? Internet Marketing, SEO, Traffic, etc. They've all been overdone. If yours is related to that it needs to be really unique if you want to make money.

9. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, that is not my area of 'expertise'. I am a retail manager - so it would be about management of people.

10. Clint Cora

Clint Cora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For an ebook to be successful, you would have to promote it yourself. There are ways to list your title with the Amazons of the world but they won't really push it for you. I have three titles in ebook form and they are all listed at Clickbank where affiliates could pick up on them but to get on the radar, you would need to prove good initial sales by yourself first.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've heard a couple of authors of paper books say the same thing, you can't depend on a publisher, you have to get out there to promote and sell the book yourself.

What type of book are they, would you mind sharing a link?

12. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the advice from your experience. Much appreciated. I would love a link too.

13. Clint Cora

Clint Cora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since my books are in different fields, their main pages are on different websites. But I do have one common page that shows all of them (with links to their respective websites). You can see them at my books. For those of you who do affiliate biz, the three digital titles are listed on Clickbank and there is affiliate info at each of the separate websites.

The physical softcover versions are also listed on Amazon so anybody with an Amazon affiliate can benefit there as well.

14. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Clint do you sell an ebook version of "The Life Champion In You"?

15. Clint Cora

Clint Cora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do although what I've found so far is that for technical topics like computer/internet stuff or the pharma sales careers title I have, people tend to be okay with a digital version as they want it quickly. So for my pharma sales title, it's the digital versions that sell the most. However, with more personal development and less technical titles like my title 'The Life Champion In You', people tend to want the physical copy for some reason. The vast number of sales of this title has been the softcover.

Having said that, I do make both physical and digital versions of most of my titles available for market including 'The Life Champion In You' and also found that about 20% will want an audio version. The exception has been my latest title which is my niche dog training one. For that one, I figured that it was technical enough to warrant digital versions only so I did not bother with releasing a physical version. However, I did decide to release an online video version of that title and it now accounts for about 40% of sales of that title.

In general, softcover printed versions are priced higher than ebook versions and audio (both CD and online downloads) are priced higher than the text versions.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks Clint, do you have a link to where the ebook version of "The Life Champion In You" is offered for sale?

17. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All I can see on this one is that people tend to bring this type of books with them when they go out. Unlike computer related books which needed to be read in front of a PC to be able to understand fully.

18. stacy111

stacy111
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think this is really great idea to promote your own ebook.

19. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you already promoted your own ebook? What methods did you used?

20. Clint Cora

Clint Cora
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, the info page for The Life Champion In You has all the details. I'm actually in the process of cutting a video to go along with this page and hope to get it up by the end of the weekend. All of my video subscribers will be alerted to it early next week. In the meantime, all the details of the title including the ebook version is at my personal growth books page.

Thanks for your interest!

The other thing I've done with ebooks is that I have a few smaller ones that I give out for free. All of my video subscribers (see signature below) will get two free ebooks (including one with 200 motivational quotes) as gifts at about the second week mark with me. This is just to show how much I appreciate them taking the time to watch my videos.

I also have a separate website that focuses on Canadian native and Inuit art since I'm a huge fan of this artform. I have two info ebooks that I also give out for free to website visitors and these have been downloaded thousands of times over the years. If you want to see how I do this, just go to my native art website.

By the way, anybody who is thinking of writing an ebook should be aware that the formating should be different compared to that of a printed book. Most fonts should be sans serif since these are easier to read online compared to serif fonts for physical books. Also page sizes could be different. In most cases, a printed book will have more pages since the typical softcover will have a smaller page size compared to an ebook.

• Like Like x 2