Starting a website

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by PayJunction, Jan 12, 2011.

1. PayJunction

PayJunction
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am thinking about starting up a website that people will be able to post adds on. What kind of legality issues am I looking at and do I need an user agreement? As far as starting the site I was thinking of using godaddy.com unless if someone know of a better site to help build a website. Any suggestions will be helpful ty.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The whole area of advertising sites is very competitive. That's not to put you off, but to succeed you will need to offer something different or better than the existing sites. Will you be focusing on a specific niche or type of ad?

Legal issues should not be a major concern, although that will depend on the exact nature of your site, can you please tell us a little more about what you have in mind? Will you be charging your advertisers to post an ad or will it be free?

From a legal point of view, it will be important to include a statement on your site that makes it clear that you are not endorsing the products or services being advertised and that you are merely providing a platform for others to advertise on. We include the statement below in our advertising section here on BAF;

3. PayJunction

PayJunction
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As far as I can tell there is no site out there now that is what I envision my site to do. It will be free for consumers and there will be packages businesses can buy. That's good to hear about legal issues though. I will be building the website soon and post a link on the forum when I'm done. Ty Fergal.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

PayJunction if you have reason to believe that your particular service could have potential legal concerns, you should really speak to a professional legal advisor, don't just take my word for it.

5. bulkybo

bulkybo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This kind of sites are everywhere on Internet, maybe you should create a site with another idea. Yes, I know, is very hard to find a new idea on Internet, but what is very hard is also very profitable for you.

6. mb999

mb999
    uix_expand uix_collapse

to register your domain i would go with namecheap, i have in the past used ethier godaddy or namecheap but namecheap is offering a free whois guard for a year with 10$ a year .com

7. Washingt

Washingt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello guys...!
    I made a website at webs.com to host my flash games. If you don't want to do much confusing learning, go to webs. If not, learn HTML, XML, CSS, JAVA, or AS3 and learn flash. I recommend just webs, but flash would be the way to go if you want to make a basic, cool website. There are other, most likely better places out there, just look around.

8. Ahtasham

Ahtasham
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How to create a website

9. Pedro

Pedro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well as i'm on the Web hosting business, i can leave here my opinion.
    On the Internet there's thousands of excellent and professional web hosting companies, big companies are ok small companies are ok too, the difference is what you get from small business and big business.

For example, myself to my customers, if they want a blog, a video site or a simply website with 1 or two pages, i always install the software for them as part of the web hosting that they order, and always contact personally my customers helping them make the most of the products that they bought.
    Our hosting plans all include a website builder with 800 templates, and automatic installation of wordpress, forums, video websites , etc. But clients are free to create a website using frontage and upload later to their hosting space.

If anyone needs some advice please let me know.

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

11. gakbisatidur

gakbisatidur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

sure....if a new common site appear it will make no difference....

be different:D