Starting a restaurant

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by MarkR, Jun 24, 2011.

1. MarkR

MarkR
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello! My name is Mark, and I'm a new user. I have registered to ask a couple of questions, so lets get started.
    I want to open my own business - a restaurant. But I want it to be more than just ordinary, so I thought it would be great if it was a themed place, rather than just a "simple" elegant one, or something like a normal pub or bar. I thought that a red themed fire brigade style would be great, as I would like to serve a lot of hot and spicy foods there ;) I know this is quite expensive undertaking, but I think it's gonna be worth it. I want to ask you if its legal to buy a fire truck (used of course, not exactly working) and have it as a decoration? Well, this will cost a little, but I want my vision to be perfect. Moreover, I was looking here, at used fire trucks for sale, and they're not cheap, but overall the price is manageable.
    So can I get myself one legally?

#1 MarkR, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2011
  2. NikiRebin

NikiRebin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can't see a problem with it, especially if it's an old, inoperative one. I've seen a few old broken-down ones for sale in my area, but you may need to get it towed into wherever you need it. I'm not sure if you need a special licence to drive one, even if it's only to your restaurant. Or maybe what you could do is find someone who's willing to sell you just the front-end or to take everything out but the frame, and get it hauled in. You wouldn't want various engine fluids leaking all over your restaurant ;)

Great idea, by the way! In my town, there's a bar in the old firehall building, and it's very popular!

3. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am sure this would be legal, no problem. You see many rented fire engines, etc that are used for hen nights and such. So I see no problem.

4. Henry_Jakson

Henry_Jakson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Deciding what type of restaurant you want to open will depend of a variety of things. Often times people who want to open their own restaurant want to serve food they like to cook, in an atmosphere they feel comfortable in. Other people are interested in Franchising. Restaurant franchises offer a number of benefits, including instant name recognition and built-in marketing. However, many restaurant franchises don't come cheap and owners must be willing to follow a stringent set of rules.

5. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well there should not be any problem with having a fire truck unless it starts going on missions;) It is legal to have it used as a display item.............................other than that when do you plan to get it started I would love to see a fire brigade restaurant. And would the waiters be wearing fire safety suits as well:D I like your theme

6. Peter Birganza

Peter Birganza
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

your theme is really really good and appreciative. I am excited to see this restaurant as you described its theme very well. Regarding to your question I would like to tell you that there would not be any legal issue in it as it`s not a crime that you are going to do. There is not any legal issue to borrow red trucks as resembled to your theme, but you just have to inform and consult it with you legal adviser. Best of luck in advance.

7. johnterry807

johnterry807
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    I am also very interested in this subject, but the reference is very limited. You can share documents as well as experience? Thanks!

8. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, im now in f&b field as well. Normally people wouldn't consider to buy the real fire truck due to the cost. You might consider to buy the model, ask the model maker to make a fire truck model which is cheaper and easier

9. johnterry807

johnterry807
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks, this post very interest.

10. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Goodluck to your chosen business. Starting a food business can be hard at first but it is the most enjoyable business for me.

11. johnterry807

johnterry807
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: Restaurant business
    Best regards.