Starting a new online business. Need advice!

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by willmfftt, Nov 4, 2012.

1. willmfftt

willmfftt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So im starting up an online business installing and setting up wordpress for clients. I will be setting up all themes, plugins, widgets, photos, content and i will even be performing onsite seo services as well as logo and graphics designs.

So far I have the domain name and I am in the process of developing the site but before I launch it I am giving away 5 free installs and setups. Where should I advertise this giveaway? I posted on a domain name forum i frequent regularly but I think most people there wouldnt need these services.

Also, any tips for developing my business?

Thanks in advance

2. J Greig

J Greig
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

willmfftt your service would be very beneficial to our members here on Business Advice Forum. You would be welcome to advertise and promote it in our Webmaster & Advertising Offers & Requests section.

• Like Like x 1
  4. willmfftt

willmfftt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you all for your advice. I will place the ad on this site when i get a chance and give it a try.

Thanks

5. renegadeleader

renegadeleader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How about press release? Have you tried it before?

6. Mustang Ride

Mustang Ride
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can also set up a FB page if you haven't yet and that would be a great way to get people to check it out and like your page. People like to share great offers and deals around FB and Twitter. And there are groups and pages on FB you can post to with the giveaway.

7. pete.mcal

pete.mcal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recently saw someone doing an interesting twist on this business model. They offered FREE wordpress set up and customisation, but the buyer had to take hosting through them (earning them a recurring affiliate comission). I thought it was pretty clever.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rajesh

rajesh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you tried adwords? It is a great PPC network by Google to drive you highly targeted visitors to your website.

9. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Make use of social networks / media tools too. It might be a good start to promote your products as well. Goodluck.

- - - Updated - - -

Make use of social networks / media tools too. It might be a good start to promoting your business.
    Facebook, Twitter, Pinterests - these are the famous ones you can use.

10. dgeneschi

dgeneschi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not sure if it is the same thing pete is talking about, but I saw this recently too in a product (I guess you could call it that...?) from Erica Douglass of erica.biz: http://blogsetup.com
    I also was kind of like "why didn't I think of that?". Her "team" will set up a wordpress blog for you if you buy a hosting package from hostgator (of which she is an affiliate). You might want to consider running a service like that even beyond your initial free offering.