starting a new myspace business

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by danger9918, Nov 28, 2007.

1. danger9918

danger9918
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ive seen alot of people selling their myspace accounts on dp.. ive thought of starting a new business where i create custom myspace accounts
    he picks the number of friends, profile details etc.
    i can probably add the max. which i think is 250 friend requests a day...
    do you think i can make money from that ??
    lets say a 1000 friend account.. how much can i sell it for ??

2. tauno

tauno
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think 1000 friends might not be enough, but I think there is a money making idea here for sure.

3. npguy

npguy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Even, I've seen this business going of at DP. Price of Myspace account depends on lot of factors, which include good profile (female :D), name and number of friends.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I haven't used MySpace. Why would people buy a profile, what would they gain from it?

5. spirited

spirited
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is mainly used for advertising; a lot of sites have their own Myspace account and anyone happening to come across it might pick it up. I used to have a myspace for my site but it only brought very few visitors. The key to advertising in myspace is to just post on the forums with your site (yes it's spam, but it's basically the main way to do it). This could also be applied to new and upstarting bands looking for some quick and cheap popularity. It could also be used for people that are really lonely and desperate; sad, but true in some instances :p

6. rickyou

rickyou
    uix_expand uix_collapse

how does this entire thing works actually, are you going to send sales link to the people in myspace? isn't this considered as spamming?

7. Royer

Royer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to start a MySpace business, too, but I don't know much about, like what to people get with buying the accounts, what is the price range, etc??

8. archgames

archgames
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i never heard of selling myspace accounts... just for there profile lol

9. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really have understood only a few things. I have a doubt like this. Suppose I am a wenmaster. What benifitt will I get if suppose I buy a myspace account with about 2000 friends, with a female account as someone said above.. etc. Is it going to give me more traffic? Or is it going to benifitt my website in any way ?

10. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It doesn;t sound as a good idea to me either, as if you used your profile for advertising you may get banned..So imaginve having bought a profile like this and then after a few days to get banned!A complete waste of time!and money ofc!
    I have seen similar actons at hi5.com from people that 11k friends and so on but they were all banned.
    Anyway,its up to you something like this:)Good luck though!

11. Hurbel2k

Hurbel2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I still don't see the point in myspace accounts.

12. zerzis

zerzis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Myspace is just a bubble i feeel which will burst in comming some days.. since entertainmebt sites are mostly banned in many networks, myspace and other social networking sites have limited access, i think we should have a global reach

13. guru

guru
    uix_expand uix_collapse

me too???

I haven't used MySpace. Why would people buy a profile, what would they gain from it?

14. guru

guru
    uix_expand uix_collapse

tell me why the ppl buy id

15. mark-20

mark-20
    uix_expand uix_collapse

this sounds as if it could be alright but a think you would be lucky if you made a little money.i have a bebo acount with 1000 friends. the thing is about your bissness what you can now do is buy a email adress take mine for example [email protected] i have 1000s of emails on msn and i could then go myspace and hit add all.you would need to come up with a plan like this which does remind me. pm me if you wont to buy 700 emails there all lijeit i can promise you.

16. Slacker

Slacker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't quite get it, but true it may get you a little more traffic, but not a ton, as it is just a profile..

17. sarahFreder

sarahFreder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i am in seo i know myspace only for site promotion and traffic. but here is a different thought that it is used for business purposes even. well good give me some suggestion how to do it, i am greatly interested.