Starting a New Company

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by luzcam, Sep 21, 2012.

1. luzcam

luzcam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Everyone!

I am planning on starting a new company, me and a few friends here in India want to start an agency which makes cards, t shirts and family photos stuff on those lines. The problem is that there are so many already, there is one right opposite my house, how can I make this company standout? There are only about 5 people in my company and I am the head designer. Could any of you give me some suggestions? Thanks in Advance
    Luz

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Luz I'd suggest that you analyse the companies that are you closest competitors. Look at what they do well, what they don't do so well, what kind of services they are providing and the types of customers they are dealing with. That research should help you to identify some areas where you could provide a better service than the current businesses in the market.

Next I'd suggest that you speak to some of your potential customers, explain to them that you are doing some research for a new business. Give them a basic description of your proposed business and ask for their feedback and suggestions. Try to find out what they like and perhaps more importantly don't like about their existing competitors. Again this should help you to identify gaps in the market and opportunities for providing a better service.

Does this approach sound like it might help you?