Starting a new business in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by RLT, Mar 20, 2013.

1. RLT

RLT
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello. I am new to the forum and also new to the idea of owning and operating my own business, beginning with an online business. I was wondering if anyone here would be able to give me an idea of what I would need to do to start my own business and how I would get a business license along with information on business licenses. I live in Ohio and it is obviously where my business would be based. Thank you for all of the help in advance.

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are various things you have to look after if you want to start an online business. First things first, you need a website and a domain name which you would use for your eCommerce site. What kind of products do you wish to sell? You can also sell via ebay and amazon but i guess that's not what you are looking for.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum RLT.

When you start out, will your online business be something that you operate from home on your own, or are you planning something larger than that?

4. Bharat Book

Bharat Book
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Starting a new business is the good thing, but before you start the new business you need to survey the market for finding right place for the setting up your business,
    in the online there may be less difficulties you have to face like need of less employees and place. But important thing is settle your business right around your targeted audience.

5. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good though.....a firm decision is half way to action......business should be what you like and comfortable doing 24 hours....

6. BlueCoyMarketing

BlueCoyMarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome RLT! What type of business are you looking into? Your government website should give you an idea of what licenses to get. Before you start, you may want to research the industry and business a bit to make sure it's something that you truly want to do. Other than that, get a good website, do some marketing and hard work and you're good to go!

7. PixelGuy

PixelGuy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the state site for business can help you get the prices for licenses and also you might want to consult an attorney before you start a business cause they can easily help you scale your business!