Starting a Mobile Repair Business. Need advice!

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by ddavis4791, Oct 31, 2013.

?

Is it a Good idea to Start a On-site/Off-Site Smart Phone Repair Businesss

1. Yes!

100.0%
  2. No!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Worse Idea Ever!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Really Great Idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ddavis4791

ddavis4791
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello, My name is Daniel and i need advice on some stuff.

I was wondering do you think starting a Smart Phone Repair Business where i come to the home/business of the customer, look at the Smart Phone that needs to be repair and see if it can be repaired On-Site without needing any parts so i'll just repair it there at there home/business then charge a fee. But if the Smart Phone can't be repair On-site and needs parts that i don't have on hand for EX. A Smart Phone Screen. Then i take the phone back with me. Then i'll give them the price for the part and they pay for it then after that i'll leave a sign agreement with them signing it also saying that "I will return the phone back after the repairs have been done and after every thing checks out and is OK they must pay . After i finish the repairs and bring it back they will check it out and then they pay for my services fee.

2. Mens

Mens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

HI Daniel,

its a good thought for mobile repairing well now a days most of person facing mobile repairing problem i also facing the same. it'll give a huge benefit and good profit to. first u have to do that not only do off line repairing service its old tradition do start online service too because some problem can handle online basis also and also get good payment in return and you can take service center of any mobile brand or multibrand

3. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Daniel
    You won't know until you test your idea. So the answer is you should go out and test the idea for the area you live in, before you start the business. See if you can find someone that needs this kind of service, do it for them and ask them what they would be willing to pay. Then find a couple more and find out exactly what they want? What kind of service do they want and for which services would they be willing to part their money with. What can you do differently to get them calling you to come instead of you looking for clients all the time? For clarity sake lets call this an experimental business, before you start the real one. If nobody buys from you, you have no business. If they buy but you don't make enough money, rather find something else you love, that makes you money for the same amount of effort. No-one in this forum will be able to answer your question unless they are a potential customer living in your area. Only through a trial test will you be certain if customers will buy. Anyone of us on the forum can only guess the outcome of how appreciated your service will be to the community you live in. So start there, and keep us posted!

• Like Like x 1
  4. bethw

bethw
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The more planning and preparation you do, the smoother your business will run once it is set up, and there will be less unforeseen complications for your mobile phone repair business start-up. If you want to start your business from home, your costs will be less.

5. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You'll need to test your idea however I see some potential problem in your approach.

You're in Louisiana and I'm not sure about phone contracts in the states, but aren't alot of phones under manufacturer warranty where the customer doesn't have to pay to get it fixed anyway? Does that mean that you're targeting clients who are coming up to their expired warranty or are no longer under warranty?

Another problem might be allowing you to leave with their phone and potentially have access to their personal stuff. I understand that there's a contract signed and everything, but people are so attached to their phones it's not funny. So maybe you might experience hesitation for that sense. Maybe to combat that, you could bring a temporary phone which they can switch the sim card while you take their other phone to switch the issue. Then do the switch again when you come back. Just a suggestion.

I understand your concept and probably you may have mobile repair shops in your area but they're at a physical location and may be far away for alot of people, thus creating a mobile service. Pretty smart. Could potentially create a need and provide a great service but you need to TEST the idea out. Right now it's just a concept. Put up a few ads in your local area promoting your service and test it out. Like I said, it is an interesting idea and hopefully it works out for you very well.