Starting a charity organization

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by MableAnn, Jul 28, 2015.

1. MableAnn

MableAnn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey there! I'd like to get some valuable advice here. I belong to a team of a social organization and we are a team planning to set up a non-profitable charity organization for the orphans. We are raising fund from different sources. None of us have been into this before. Would like to know the requirements of registering such an organization ? How long will the procedures last. Should we hire an agent?

2. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I may not be of help in this thread because I live in the Philippines. But if conditions here may be the same then here's what I can say. For a new business, we normally hire a broker or agent to act as liaison office in registering the organization or company with the SEC (securities and exchange commission). When done, permits from the community (called Barangay) aside from the city permit will be secured before you go to register with the BIR (revenue office). It's really a lot of procedural work and if you do not know the way then you will just waste time by coming back again and again for missing requirements.

3. mrbusiness

mrbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all, I would like to congratulate you for such an awesome idea of starting a charity organization. Very few people(specially youngster )think about it. Do you live in Canada? If so I would rather suggest that you seek the help of an online business incorporation in Ontario like that of Ontario Business Central, since none of you have any previous experience in this field They will help you with everything starting from the name search to the business registration. So all the best with your venture.

#3 mrbusiness, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015