Starting a Business Website..

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by angelajason06, Dec 1, 2012.

1. angelajason06

angelajason06
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am Confused about the Process of Making a Business website?? Can any One please tell me the answer of my following Questions??

1)Do Domain Purchasing and Purchase an Hosting are same thing???
    2)How Do i get the Domain?? I mean which domain company is good??
    3)Suppose i got my domain..When i open it what it will show?? a Blank page or any thing else??
    4)Do i need to contact developer to make My website OR i can make it my self with wordpress??
    5)If Developer can make it how much fees developer charge for making a Simple 6-7 page website like this website www. explodeseo. com?? (without content and with content).
    6)What are the advantages of Making wordpress website??

Please answer who is experienced and Faced all these Steps.. :)

Thanks

2. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello!

1)Do Domain Purchasing and Purchase an Hosting are same thing???

A) The domain and hosting are two different things. You can buy the domain when you buy the hosting but some hosts charge a little higher for domains. The domain name and Web hosting DO NOT have to be with the same company

2)How Do i get the Domain?? I mean which domain company is good??

A) Personally I like Internet.bs or Namecheap. Some people like GoDaddy. They are fine for domains but be wary of their hosting.

3)Suppose i got my domain..When i open it what it will show?? a Blank page or any thing else??

A) Until you point it to your Hosting account it'll likely show a landing page for the domain registrar. You can always point the domain to your hosting space and set up your own landing page until your Web site is complete. The landing page can be a Coming Soon type deal with your contact info. Perhaps a counter until launch day of the site.

4)Do i need to contact developer to make My website OR i can make it my self with wordpress??

A) I think you'd be surprised what you can do with Wordpress. You should be able to create a very nice business site using Wodpress. Just invest a little time in getting the hang of it.

5)If Developer can make it how much fees developer charge for making a Simple 6-7 page website like this website www. explodeseo. com?? (without content and with content).

A) Every designer has their own pricing structure but you'd probably be looking at between $200 and $500 for a custom theme. Less if you purchase a theme and just alter it to your needs.

6)What are the advantages of Making wordpress website??

A) Easy to manage and update. It can pretty much do anything you need it to do. With the use of plugins and themes you can create a very proficient Web site on your own.

Best of luck!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

GeekGhost has provided you with excellent responses in his reply, I will try to add a little to it.

I use Namecheap for most of my domains and I highly recommend them. I've used lots of domain registrars and Namecheap was the best one in my experience. They are extremely user-friendly and a pleasure to work with.

It's also a good idea to register your domain name with someone other than your web hosting company. That way if you are not happy with the service your webhost is providing to you, you can easily move your site to a different host and point your domain to your new host, without requiring your old host to do it for you.

You could also sign up for a free account at http://wordpress.com/ and host a WordPress blog with them absolutely free. There are some restrictions on their service, but it would be a great way to test WordPress and see if you can make it work for your business. You could just create a test site there and then when you are ready purchase paid hosting and set up your real site there.

Good luck with it all, it can be difficult getting started, but it can also be fun and you can soon be proud of your own new website.