Starting a business and need some advice

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by John2005, Jun 28, 2012.

1. John2005

John2005
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello guys and girls, I've decided that I'd like to start a busness. I already have many many clients that wish to purchase my merchandise but I literally have no idea how to go about making everything official. I wish to offer small, affordable products such as mugs, tshirts things like that that are branded by my company. My question is, how do I go about setting such a business up? do I need to register it? how do I setup the taxing side of things?

How do I find a manufacturer to create the products needed in the way that I need them - would this cost far too much? should I look at purchasing them from low cost company and adding my brandname to it that way?

thanks

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi John, welcome to Business Advice Forum. What state or country will your business be based in?

3. John2005

John2005
    uix_expand uix_collapse

England - London

fergul? ;(

4. sayitproud

sayitproud
    uix_expand uix_collapse

John, it depends how serious you are with this. You could just use a site like CafePress and that would just about take care of it all for you. But if you want more control of things then you might want to hire a lawyer to help you set the thing up and then find companies doing similar things to you, research their suppliers and choose the one you like best. And there are options all in between those two.

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your business is quick simple to set up. For the company register and tax, just go to the government department, you can ask all the details over there, can't advice on this because I'm not from England
    However, set up the office is simple, rent the office and buy the necessary facility is enough. For the sourcing, you can actually find the mug or tshirt manufacturer, they can print according to your design. Of course, you can also buy the mug and print it yourself if you have fund to invest on the printing equipment, personally I advice to go to first option until your company grow big.

To save the cost, you need to look for at least few manufacturer and compare thier price. If your volume is big, probably you can get better price.

6. caitlynfera

caitlynfera
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is really great time that you are going with the new business . Good luck and warm wishes to you . Also you need to analyze each and everything for ti very precisely, as the today's hard working will benefit you in future really.

7. Life_is_good

Life_is_good
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the best advice always be "start now"

8. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here's a thread/discussion within the forum which might help you out on starting up your business : http://www.businessadviceforum.com/...siness-on-a-Tough-Economy?p=147193#post147193

Hopefully it may help you out John.

Thanks,
    Mark T

9. John2005

John2005
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'll get on and yes i'm very serious about this @ whoever said that.

10. Bharat Book

Bharat Book
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Look for the manufacture,who can made better products for your business.just give them an idea,how you want it.and if you want product in large amount,they definitely reduce the cost..this is your first business.so,do hard work and you can refer different market research books or reports,once you set up this business..good luck for your business..

11. rakeshkalal

rakeshkalal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are starting a new business, or expanding an existing business, and want to raise finance we can offer some helpful advice and also help you with your loan applications.

12. jcworlditsme

jcworlditsme
    uix_expand uix_collapse