Started New Business...Now What?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by BMandalaBijoux, Mar 21, 2013.

1. BMandalaBijoux

BMandalaBijoux
    uix_expand uix_collapse

New here and looking for guidance

Hello.
    I'm new to forums so I'm feeling kind of lost here.
    I have just opened my online retail shop Blue Mandala Bijoux. We sell fine quality sterling silver jewelry and donate 50% of all sales to charity.
    I am looking for help in regard to "getting the word out" inexpensively, as I have no advertising budget.
    I do have a Facebook and Twitter page, but I'm having trouble getting traffic to the site for sales.
    Please let me know of any suggestions or help you have or know of.
    Thank you!
    k

2. BMandalaBijoux

BMandalaBijoux
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have just opened my online retail shop which sells fine sterling silver and then donates 50% of all proceeds to charity.

How do I get people to notice it?

I've got a Facebook and Twitter page as well as a blog, but I'm having trouble getting traffic to the site, and in turn, I'm having trouble getting sales.

I don't have an advertising budget, and until sales pick up, I won't. BUT, there's got to be a way to get exposure without spending a lot.

I'm looking for suggestions and guidance.
    Thanks!
    k

3. RaySaj2

RaySaj2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well the of articles and work on content on your site......(providing you have a website).....

Content is king so create a blog on your site...so create a blog on your website...look at Google Trends and look up at insightful information based on your industry..you can then start creating relevant content on your website and update you blog on a continuous basis.

Then create a RSS feed and syndicate your content via pinging it. After this head over to google plus and start joining converations, creating conversations....follow people of interest and general people who may be in the space as you..........

link up your website and begin a PR campaign to your site but do not push sales directly, highlight the products or value that is being given....if that makes sense ! best of luck !

• Like Like x 2
  4. uzzi90

uzzi90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey BMandalaBijoux,

As a Marketing person I advise you that first you have to advertise your product..
    I don't say that you have to pay for advertising but there are many many FREE advertising places on Internet like classified sites, ebay (not an advertising site but you can use it for backlink to your site) and many other places.

If you have no experience in internet marketing then I suggest you to first put your product for sell on any established Internet Marketing site.. There are many Affiliate driven Marketing sites those give you opportunity to put your product on sell on there website for FREE and there affiliates will pick the product link and advertise it all over the internet and when you generate any sell they will deduct a small percent from your selling price mostly 10% - 30% (I think this is not a big price for the service they given to you).

I am an affiliate of one of the TOP internet Marketing site for almost 4-5 years and they are giving some good services.. If you are interested or need more information just PM me and I will guide you further...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all congratulations for you new business and the noble initiative as well.

As advised earlier you can start adding more content to your site. For this you should research keywords in your industry and use those. This will help you get sales in the long term won't be overnight.
    Besides that since you already have pages on facebook and twitter you should share interesting things about your products and also the fact that a part of the sale goes to charity. With that get listed on Google + and Pinterest as well. You can share images of your products there which get you more exposure.

Another thing i would suggest is that you get a sponsored listing on the Charity website if that is not already there and you can ask them to promote you as well which would be better.

I saw your site it says only 30% of the sales go to charity so you need to correct that and advertise the correct figure otherwise it may displease visitors to your site later. And add a link to the charities website to make it look more credible.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BlueCoyMarketing

BlueCoyMarketing
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to do marketing on the cheap, you're going to have to do a lot of leg work. Facebook really isn't the best customer acquisition channel; it's better at customer retention and customers service. As suggested above, affiliate sales is one of the easiest ways to ramp up without doing much work or spending much money since you only pay for performance (someone buying a product from you). Content and blogs are great for SEO but you have to continually post new content in the blogs for it to have a decent impact; and can still take several months or years to ramp up properly and rank for keywords such as sterling silver jewelry. Pinterest is probably your best bet, as you share pictures of all your products (just make sure you be careful that you aren't "sale-sy" when you do it).

You might also want to reach out to your local newspapers and get them to do an article on your business. Reach out to jewelry and fashion bloggers and try to get them to write an article about your business (or be a guest blogger!). There are so many YouTube fashion guru's who I'm sure would love to spotlight your business!

Hope this helps!

• Like Like x 1
  8. levinsonjewelers

levinsonjewelers
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Congratulations for you start new online jewelry business
    If you start to on free advertising such as classified, product submission and promote your online business.

9. rises5544

rises5544
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i suggest you to make a blog using Wordpress as a Best and easy CMS, Post some unique or informative posts relates to your product and engage audience in it via facebook, google search engine or other networking sites.

10. Biz

Biz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Could you elaborate how ebay could be used for backlink?

11. Lightkey

Lightkey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that with the strong philanthropic backbone to sales of your 50% donation, the twitter/FB/Social Networking will be a great asset moving forward as well as your affiliate links.

It would definitely be worth experimenting with an introductory offer on your social media channels - something like a free gift with every order to celebrate your opening? Get people talking about you, and word will spread organically.

12. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thing is that you can increase your sales through social media platform only initially....tap the power of twitter and FB to focus your sales...this is due to the nature of your product ...fine silver jewellery, ....no advantage of targeting masses for this product....niche category...right targeting is required...

• Like Like x 1