Start working for myself

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by addisoncave, Aug 31, 2016.

1. addisoncave

addisoncave
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Guys,
    I'm 21 years old guy and I want to make a career in web development. I'm not very experienced in both business and the skill I learned during my graduation. But, I've determined to setup a web development business, I've started freelancing with my regular job(I'm working for a IT forum). I'm gaining a very response from my clients, it's seems like everything is OK and I've enough for good startup Profile. But, it's quite risky for me, as my dad suggest me. They say I've so much learn from industry to be good startup.
    But, I think it would we waste of time. What should I do?

and If I start my Bussiness? what should be my first selling strategy?

2. w3web

w3web
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do some free services for NGOs in the initial days of business and ask them to refer you to their niche. Claim this in your site and you definitely going to get huge clients. At 21 years, you need to have some patience along with best moves. Know the better way of moving the coin. I hope you get through it, All the very best.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You want to start your own business, and you admit you have little experience in business and the skill you learned in school, but learning from industry is a waste of time? You're not off to a very good start. You have a job now, so I would advise you to stick with it until you get some experience. On top of the knowledge you gained in school, learning by doing, under the guidance of those with more experience than you have, is much more valuable than freelancing on your own. It will also remove a lot of the risk. If you mess up, and you're working for someone else, they can help you learn what you did wrong and how to fix it. If you mess up on your own, and don't know how to fix it, it will harm your reputation in ways that make take awhile to fix - if ever.

Once he has experience, and is ready to go out on his own, it might be helpful to offer a discount in exchange for clients acting as a reference. This will help in getting new clients, but to claim he will definitely get huge clients is going way too far.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dynadot

Dynadot
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you're a web developer, then you need a website. Find the right domain name for your business and create a website that will show off your skills as a web developer. It would also be a good idea to offer your services to some family and friends for free, so you can create a portfolio of work that you can link to or showcase on your website. (Or as the person said above, offer your work to some non-profits.) This will give you a good start.

Also, consider if this is something you could do on the side until you get more established. Best of luck to you!

5. Ourbusinessladder

Ourbusinessladder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you may wait for some more time, so that you can gain some experience, contacts and also the confidence. Its my advice to continue your freelance work for some more days.

6. Kimberly Stannis

Kimberly Stannis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Web design is a very crowded market, but if you want experience you might want to start out doing freelance work. If you go to the website Freelancer, there are tons of people offering jobs on there for web design and content management. Might be a good idea to get experience working with clients.

7. Jennifert Wilson

Jennifert Wilson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am really very happy for you because you are just 21 years old and you want to start your career in web development. I think first you have to work with your father where you will learn some basic. My good wishes are with you.. Best of luck.

8. John Blake

John Blake
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Impressive! You're young and ambitious - that's great! Try to read books about building startups and gain exepriance in web-development as a freelancer. You're on the right track. Keep on going!

9. Abdulrahman

Abdulrahman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Now it's very competitive and it will take you time to start managing projects and start getting clients so you can open a website which will help you a lot in viewing your previous projects .

10. John Blake

John Blake
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Abdulrahman is right. Make portfolio online, which will show your work. Promote yourself!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. VerdinaNET

VerdinaNET
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since i graduated and started working can tell you that learning from the industry ( practical experience) is much more usable and valuable than theoretical knowledge. That's why you while working you bump to exactly whats needed for the job and while studying the area is very wide and many not that important things are learned.

12. krarchitect

krarchitect
    uix_expand uix_collapse

gain experience from some top company then decide to start of ur own.Your working knowledge will definitely help.