Start my auto spare parts business

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by amit.garg1985, Oct 28, 2013.

1. amit.garg1985

amit.garg1985
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dear All,

I want to start my auto spare part business on distributor or sub-distributor level in Haridwar and surroundings. My parental uncle (Mamaji) is in the profession of Surveyor and Loss Assessor in General Insurance from last 22 years and now we both want to start an auto spare parts business.
    Kindly give me some advice to establish this.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

amit are you familiar with the auto spare business, have you worked in that sector before?

I'd suggest that you write a business plan for the business, it will help you to clarify your thinking in relation to the project and understand what you need to do to get the business up and running. Let us know if you have any questions in relation to writing a business plan and we will be happy to help you.

3. amit.garg1985

amit.garg1985
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have all the knowledge about this sector because I have worked for automobile sector. I will purchase the auto spare parts from distributor level and supply it in haridwar city and surrounding areas. In my business my maternal uncle will help me because he is a mechanical engineer and he is working in the same field/sector from last 22 years. Lots of contact he has in the market.

4. anandshah

anandshah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

With my point of view auto spare part business is one the best business because in trading business there is no tension at all. with my view this is good.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sounds like you have a very strong knowledge amit.garg1985 and that you have access to great help, relevant to your chosen business.

Will you be writing a business plan for this project?

Is there anything specific that you would like us to help you with or do you have any specific questions?

6. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is a great idea to start auto spare part business. I have an advise, you should analyze auto spare part market and prepare a list of new and used car dealer in your city. You can also take a survey of customers who have purchased the spare parts within the last past year.

7. Changed Creation

Changed Creation
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I understand the first part of the sentence, but not the part about the distributer/sub-distributer level...Please explain that part? My first take on advice for you is to make a list of all the dealers who fix cars in your area. They are the current buyers. Go visit a couple, as many as you can and ask them what exactly it is they are looking for in auto parts. Determine what they want, how they want it , when they want it and how much. Then make a list of every dealer who is already doing what you want to do. Find out exactly what they are supplying, how they are supplying, when they are supplying and get to know exactly what they are doing differently.

Then go and think long and hard what and how you can supply uniquely. Something totally different. Something that can distinguish you from the rest. Then write and re-engineer it in a one sentence liner and when you start the business, put the essence of it on every contact you make with a potential client (a phone call intro, your business card, any letter, e-mail, fax...your website...) And don't start your business before you have this. If you start this right you can save yourself a lot of hassle!

The thing is, you want the client to come to you, not the other way round. Position yourself right from the start, it will save you a lot of time, effort and money. If you are not sure about what you are doing, send me a pm. I'll gladly help you brainstorm ideas and I'm sure the forum members will also give you many ideas. Hope this helps!

8. amit.garg1985

amit.garg1985
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Distributor is what who take goods directly from company and supplies to sub-distributor or retailers. For being a distributor, need a high investment and experience on distributor level but I am starting my new business I will have to work on sub-distributor level. I have gathered all the information about my business, met with some retailers. The products I will supply in the market are running products because right now it is marketed by the distributor from very far from my city and now in my city I want to be the sub-distributor.
    I will do the same as u told me (a phone call intro, your business card, any letter, e-mail, fax...your website...). It will be very helpful for me.