Start an e-solution portal

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by kguru1979, Jul 8, 2009.

1. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi to all,

Suddenly I struck up with an idea of opening a web domain which should serve for solving all software related issues that people are facing all over the world.

For example, if somebody needs assistance in HTML codes for which they didn't got any solutions through internet, then sure people will post their queries to your portal.

Please note that, this should not be something like a forum.. Here the website owner is the solution provider and for each successful solution, you can charge a meager amount through e-currency systems like Paypal.

Hope this would work better..

I don't have any idea to start this since I don't have programming knowledge.

What you all think about this?

2. Andi21

Andi21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that is is a good business idea and when you are hiring people to create it for you and maybe get a business partner you may can make a lot of money with this business idea.

3. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think this is a brilliant idea. This how people will be helped or their problems will be solved and you can earn too.

4. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes. Partnering with a person who is having a good programming knowledge is a great advantage for the website promoter. One can keep on learning new issues and can provide solutions and another can continuously update the website in internet and try to keep a decent amount of traffic and act as a marketing CEO..

Any other good ideas added to these points which support these kind of e-solution business?

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Guru, I think that there is a question that you need to think about very seriously before you launch a business like that. Why would people use the service, when they can get the information for free from forums?

I'm not suggesting that the business model won't work, but you need to give customers a compelling reason, to pay for a service that is available free of charge.

6. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

kguru1979, I think you could go a slightly different way and offer installation services. A lot of people have problems when dealing with the technical side of their online business. Many newbies and even seasoned marketers are simply not capable to install a WorPress blog, a script/software or a regular website.

Your service would offer a definite solution for this problem and I'm sure people would be prepared to pay for it.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Sounds like a good approach. I've learnt how to install scripts, including VB. However, I don't do it very often so I'm quite slow at it. I'd be happy to pay for script installation, when the need arises.

8. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here's additional information about installation services.

The fees for a script installation go from $5 up to $100. I'd say the average price would be around $40. There's people charging $5 to install a WordPress blog, for example(the lowest I've found). It seems low but then think of it this way: a standard WordPress blog takes at maximum 15 minutes to install, so it could add up to $20/hour.

Some charge a flat rate per hour, from $10 up to $30.

From what I've seen, I think this has a tremendous potential, specially if you could partner with people who sell software but aren't interested in offering installation services themselves.

9. kguru1979

kguru1979
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I noted one website called RENTACODER .. This website acts as a junction between programmers in two dimensions.. One as a software buyer and another as a software coder. Software professionals can earn some nice cash out of this freelancing kind of program using their tech skills..

I hope this is almost similar to the idea I thought about initially..

10. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

11. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is just like Answers.yahoo.com from Yahoo! But you want to disable other members and guest reply. I guess there should be some function to make it work.

Are you charging anything from your e-solution? Because more likely, people still seek for free answer. Do you believe your idea still works?

I wish you all the best anyways.